What's new

Cold Turkey (1971) - May 29th (Olive Films) (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Having trouble quitting smoking? Or did you quit, but well remember the difficulty of doing so? This is a comedy for you! Funny, quirky, over-the-top, but containing some real truths about our society. I'm pleased to see this is a coming Blu-ray.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The listing on Amazon seems to just be a placeholder.
And there isn’t any information on Olive’s site.

Are there any other details available (and where)?

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I remember liking this when it came out. I bought a VHS copy for $5 in 2002, started watching it and couldn't get through it. The social commentary seemed to drown out the comedy. That might not have bothered me when I was in high school in the turbulent era of 1971 and awash in the rage of the era, but as a comedy-hungry middle-ager in the 2000s, it did.

And I'm inclined to agree with Bob about the fart joke, although if anyone remembers an earlier film with one, please weigh in.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
"For God's Sake, let him smoke!"
Blog%2BArt%2B-%2BCold%2BTurkey2.jpg

Funniest line in the movie. From the patient on the operating table watching how nervous the surgeon was without a cigarette. I love this film. Watch it with my family at least once a year. A classic film and a must own to replace my MOD DVD. Which was a present from my sister.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I had the laserdisc and the MOD DVD, and I'll be glad to retire those with a Blu-ray at long last.

"Big clocks are never wrong!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks