What's new

Coilovers ~ Looking for input... (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
As well as working on my new aquarium, I am also working on my car to get it ready for the show circuit next year. I am going to lower it about 2 - 2.5" so I have decided to get adjustable coilovers so I can fine tune the height to the milimeter.
The local speedshop has two different brands :Toucan and Skunk2. The Toucan runs about $250 for the set of four and the Skunk2 runs roughly $400 for the set. I am not aware of any performance differences between the two nor is the shop manager.
Have any of you dealt with either brand of coilover and if so, what were your opinions?
The Toucan is out of stock and on backorder so it may take several weeks to get them in, as the Skunk2 are readily in stock. I am leaning towards waiting and saving $150 on the Toucan.

Cam S

Screenwriter
What you described are not true coilovers, merely threaded collars that go over the shock body and allow the adjustment of the ride height. True coilovers will set you back a few grand at least, maybe more and offer many adjustments. The kind you are looking for are made by many companies, so just go with the one that looks the best for you and is the cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks