What's new

Code for MX-600 to switch IR543 ?? (1 Viewer)

RonSAR

Grip
I can't get my MX-600 to operate an IR543. Does anyone know the RF code to operate the IR543 (the instructions with the IR543 say enter 167, but nothing happens). In addition, what are the steps to make it work?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The MX-600 controls the IR543 via IR, not RF. You should use one of the X10 codes listed under AUX in the MX-600 manual. Either 093 or 183.

RonSAR

Grip
I have tried to enter the codes but the IR543 does not respond. I assume I am doing something wrong.

Can someone take me through the steps to program the MX-600?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Press and hold MAIN and ENTER until the menu comes up, them select P-PRO. Select the device that you want to assign the code to (any device will work), then select AUX as the location of the code (this must be the default location of the AUX device - bottom left button on the LCD screen). Enter the code number, then press SAVE and exit programming mode by pushing the MAIN button a few times. Check out the individual commands from there.

RonSAR

Grip
Thanks Mike:

I will try it. I may have missed a step. I have gone directly to AUX in setup and tried to enter the number. I will let you know how I make out.

RonSAR

Grip
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Nothing makes the IR543 respond. I have even tried running through all the codes and the IR 543 still does not turn off or on.

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The 183 code is supposed to be the one, but since you first posted I've heard a a few people who have had similar problems with the MX-600. You may have to either learn the commands from a One for All remotes that has codes that will work or program it via IRClone.

RonSAR

Grip
Thanks again Mike, for your suggestions. I'm sure there has to be a way to make this work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks