Cocaine Bear (2023)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Cocaine Bear (2023)

Genre: Crime, Comedy, Thriller

Director: Elizabeth Banks

Cast: Keri Russell, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Alden Ehrenreich, Ray Liotta, Margo Martindale, Kristofer Hivju, Christian Convery, Brooklynn Prince, Kahyun Kim, Scott Seiss, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Ayoola Smart, Aaron Holliday

Release: 2023-02-23

Plot: Inspired by true events that took place in Kentucky in 1985, during which a 175-pound black bear ingested 88 pounds of pure cocaine.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
FiqpWjqWAAA5cBm

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Based on what I've read, it may be "inspired by true events" but it's really fantasy.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Based on what I've read, it may be "inspired by true events" but it's really fantasy.

I've never heard the story of a black bear eating 88 pounds of cocaine. It says the bear weighed 175 pounds, so it ate about half its weight in coke? I would think that would kill the poor animal, I mean I think only Keith Richards could survive that.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yep. Hence, a fantasy film.

Ha, so I had to do it and went and looked up cocaine bear to see what the real life story was. Appears it is a true story in that a bear did eat 80 some pounds of cocaine, and since the bear was not Keith Richards it did kill him quite quickly. The bear's adventures actually began after he was dead and they are pretty funny. Cocaine bear does still exist, he was stuffed, and he is back in his home state of Kentucky. If you want the story prior to seeing the film here it is, be aware the entire tale is told here of what happened so this could be seen as heavy spoilers for the film. I kind of expect that much will be added to this story that is fictional to jazz it up and make it more amusing.

Here be the full story of Pablo Eskobear, the cocaine bear:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
This is a must see. As well as Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I recently heard about this on the radio or I would have thought it was a hoax. The real story is sad as this bear did not deserve to die. I think I'll pass.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I recently heard about this on the radio or I would have thought it was a hoax. The real story is sad as this bear did not deserve to die. I think I'll pass.

As an animal lover, I don't like the idea of an animal dying a lousy death. I do wonder how much the real bear suffered, as he did not last long after he ate all the coke and probably felt no pain. All his bodily functions basically shut down so, he probably passed out and was gone within a matter of minutes.

As to this film, they obviously are making a joke out of a cocaine crazed bear going on a rampage, which did not happen in real life. I guess the funny aspect of the story of the real bear is for some reason they had him stuffed and then he went on an adventure around the country as he was sold to different people. Until he finally ended up back at, I think a shopping mall, in Kentucky. I don't actually know if he is still in that mall or if someone else took possession of him.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched the trailer. The film just looks stupid to me. It will probably be a massive hit.

Edit: I have to admit that I don't find the premise of a bear mauling and eating people after getting high on coke funny, so the trailer was more horrific to me than funny. Others mileage mat vary.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Also, this is Liotta's final film.

Can we hope there's a scene of him doing coke with the bear?
When I saw his name listed in the cast at the top of the thread, I immediately thought this was his swan song. 🙁

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks