CIVILIZATION 3, baby!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shayne Lebrun, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

W00t! Is anybody else as excited as I am? Only a week and a half to go!
    I remember playing Civ 1 (always the Romans, because hey, Romans. And thier music rocked.) in high school. And Civ 2 in college.
    I remember wandering downstairs one morning after waking up, and finding my mother playing Civ 1. She was as surprised as I was that she'd been playing for 12 hours straight.

2. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

This should be really cool [​IMG], I can't believe people haven't been getting more excited about this (gaming sites etc.).
    ------------------
    Home Theater
    DVD Collection

3. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

I skipped 3 days of class in college when Civ 2 came out.
    Civ 3: OH YEAH!!! Got my limited edition reserved at the local Electronics Boutique.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Cool, I might have to check it out. I played Civ 1 alot when it came out and dibbled in civ 2. Unfortanately, I've got a really old PC. It's a PII 300. However it does have 128MB of RAM, a whole SCSI system and I do have newish CD-ROMs a HP 9200i CD-RW and a Plextor UltraPlex. However, I haven't played that many PC games so I don't know about my video or sound being DirectX 8.0 compatible or not. I know they are DirectX 6.0 compatible I think cause that's the last version that was installed. Any ideas?
    Sound card is an ANCIENT Soundblaster 32 PnP and the Video Card is a STB Velocity 128 AGP. Anybody can help me if I could run this game. It does say the minimum processor is a PII 300 which I just have...
    I'll probably wait til the game actually comes out and try to find somebody and see how processor intensive it is... I've found alot of the minimum req. is not really playable.
    Jay

5. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

I am definitely looking forward to this and all the new enhancements (like culture and expanded trading/diplomacy). Hopefully it will ship early. Until it comes I will be playing with Zoo Tycoon. Hopefully that will keep me occupied until Civ III comes out.
    Kenneth