What's new

Circuit City sales? (1 Viewer)

Mike Honch

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Last Tuesday I went to Circuit City to pick up the second season of The Office. I was very surprised to see that they had it on sale for $17.99. My wife went the next day and said that the price had been bumped up to $29.99. Does Circuit City usually have sales like that the day DVDs come out, or did I just get lucky? I know some retailers had the first season of The Office on sale for $17.99, but CC had signs printed up labeled Season 2 with that price.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
?????

I routinely get Day One releases at CC because they're usually cheaper than BB (on HDTVs as well).

As I see it, they're no better or worse than BB, only usually cheaper.

If CC went under, BB would surely raise it's prices.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
There's a brand new CC store by me & it's a lot better than the old one :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Did they change how they display their DVD's? I HATE the way most CC's do it (like CD's or record albums that you have to flip thru every section to see what's there).

It's almost worth the extra couple of bucks to buy them at Best Buy. Their bookshelf-style displays are so much easier to browse and find things.

Until CC changes their displays, they'll always be a second-rate BB to me.

Mike Honch

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Not sure if it was an error seeing as how I picked up The Gilmore Girls season 6 at the same CC this afternoon for $19.99. Who cares if their displays are a little harder to browse. If it saves me 20 bucks I'm all for it.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
That's a good error.

Hm. Probably won't still be there tomorrow. Might be worth trying, though...

Frank@N

Screenwriter
CC's DVD section is harder to browse (CD area is even worse).

But I've noticed that CC carries a lot more titles than BB.

BB is like a Top 40 station that plays the same songs over and over.

If you dig around the CC shelves, you can find some unusual DVDs.

One time I stumbled on a copy of 'Hard Eight' and almost did a backflip.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
I've found CC's to really vary depending on where they are located.
For instance, the first one I went to in Columbia, MO was great - a great selection of home and car electronics, computers, software, and media (CDs and at the time VHS).
Wow, I thought. It's perfect!
Then I went to grad school in Springfield, MO. and they got a CC. Their hardware section was almost the same, but the media was severely lacking in choice and quantity.
And I have seen this repeated in many different places since then.

Rick CHO

Grip
Went into my local one last week on a Friday. Loose shelving & other fixtures strewn all over the salesfloor. Assorted merchandise was in plastic tubes on the carpet throughout the store. Several out of box demo models of TV's & DVD players were stacked on the floor in several places. It looked like they were in the middle of a major display reset. However, having previously worked in retail, I know that you just don't have your salesfloor torn up during your peak selling periods. This particular visit being on a Friday night at 7pm. More amazing was the fact that there were three managers walking around, not helping customers or directing employees, and no was even attempting to remove the clutter and the safety hazards. I brought this to the attention of the lone employee on the floor who was trying desperately help 7 of us in the DVD area. He mentioned it to one of the "managers" and pretty much got a shrug. Oh, and by the way, six of the 10 ad featured Dvd's that I was looking for were not on the salesfloor. I spent about $70 instead of the $150 plus that I was planning on. I guess CC really doesn't need the $$$.
I did write them, haven't heard a word...........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks