What's new

Christina Ricci in "No Vacancy" (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

I'm a big Christina Ricci fan, and here's one film she was in, No Vacancy, that came out in 1999, that's only come out on DVD very recently. November 16, 2004, to be exact. Somehow this slipped under the radar, since I check a lot of DVD new sites regularly, but oh well. I just wonder what took them so long to release it on DVD, a film from 1999.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Hey, that's tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up, Joey (hey, wait, is this a show about you?:) ). I don't really watch TV, so thanks. There's a trailer on NBC's site:

mms://od-msn.msn.com/3/mbr/nbcthursday_022205.wmv

So is this a one-time stint?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
By the way, here's some more good news for Ricci fans, courtesy of DavisDVD:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Any word on what those other Miramax DVDs are?

PROZAC NATION is a very good film, Ricci's best performance. Although the DVD I got (some Asian, most likely, bootleg through EBAY) was the single worst DVD transfer I ever saw. The picture actually blurred every time the camera moved. There were burnt on subtitles on the film that covered half the image. Just totally unwatchable.

EW had an article that it is going direct to Starz so that will be the best way to see it until DVD.

Juan C

Second Unit
Another Christina Ricci completist here. ;)

Watched Prozac Nation just last Tuesday (Danish edition, purchased through laserdisken.dk). Picture quality was good, albeit a little soft.

As regards my opinion on the movie itself, it totally mirrors that of http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/p/prozac_nation.html. It is certainly no masterpiece, but I can think of many other movies that got a theatrical and DVD release and are much much worse...

As to Ricci's best performance, I liked better in The Opposite of Sex or Pumpkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks