What's new

Chevy DVD Movie Van - question on DVD recording (1 Viewer)

Nick Pudar

Agent
My family has a 2000 Chevy Venture Warner Brothers Edition minivan and we absolutely love it! It has completely changed the nature of our trips. I have recorded many shows from DirecTV and we watch the VHS tapes on our trips.
Now, Chevy has announced the 2002 version with a built-in DVD player and widescreen flipdown monitor. (It will also play DVD-audio.) We are definitely buying the new van this fall. My dilema: I can't see myself turning over to the family all the pristene DVD collection of family movies -- they will get abused and scratched up. So I'd like to figure out how to record onto DVD-R(W?)'s more material from DirecTV. Is it possible? What do I need to do it in terms of hardware and software.
In NO WAY do I want to do anything illegal. Any ideas to point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Nick Pudar
[email protected]

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Since the DVD player included is probably a Panasonic, then I would assume that it plays VCDs (and CD-Rs). Therefore, I think a more affordable solution for your needs would be to buy a VCD Recorder such as the Terapin . It uses standard CD-R/CD-RW discs - much cheaper than DVD-R discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks