What's new

Cheesiest movies you'd love to see on DVD? (1 Viewer)

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
Both Bill & Ted films as special edition DVDs. They could get Alex Winter, George Carlin, Maybe Keanu Reeves and Hal Landon Jr. to do audio commentaries. There was also TONS of scenes deleted from both films that sound interesting such as the first films high school prom, the second film's "switched robots" scene towards the end, Bill and Ted being killed again at the Battle of the Bands, scenes in hell where Bill and Ted see another "resident" eat a rat, Bill and Ted facing their fears on the way to the Battle of the Bands etc. These would all make an interesting "extended version" but I suppose that won't happen since a cut like that would imply sequel would someday be made, which unfortunately I highly doubt ever happening.

And maybe a dvd transfer of the destroyed camera negative of "Lord of the Flies" 1990 would be nice. That would be the only version of that waste product I'd ever buy.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
A Change of Seasons
Fast Break
The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
Hamburger: The Motion Picture
Heartbeeps
Howard the Duck
It Came from Hollywood
Jekyll & Hyde: Together Again
Just Before Dawn
Neighbors
Scavenger Hunt
Screwballs
The Sender
Six Pack
Spring Break
Terror in the Aisles

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Gary,

It was posted that

Blood For Dracula SE
Flesh for Frankenstein SE

are schedule for release September 20 ... so you might want to wait for the details before springing for the Criterions ...

Another vote for Private School

Betsy knows how to ride bareback ;)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Garbage Pail Kids? HAHAHA! I totally forgot this movie existed. I still haven't seen it, since my parents wouldn't let me when it was in theaters. I was in first grade at the time.

I second the need for an in print Flash Gordon. And an SE at that!

Who would be releasing the SE's of Blood for Dracula and Flesh for Frankenstein? As an aside for those considering purchasing the Criterions: forget that MSRP of $39.95. You'll probably have to pay more than that. Both have been OOP for a while. Going for about $50-60 each on e-bay.

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
Hellmaster!

I was a production assistant for this movie which never made it to the theaters because it is so bad! The main character is John Saxon. I had a stand-in scene from my neck down (human puppet in theater with blood on my hand)

Check out this title on IMDB.com for more info.

Dan

John Gido

Second Unit
Joey (1986)

A guilty pleasure of mine from the 80's. Cheesy as all hell with some lame 80's style music. However, some good oldies/Doo Wop groups & music. Have almost worn out my VHS copy.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Metalstorm!!

I'm ashamed to say it, but I would want about 85% of what's been listed in this thread!

Up The Acadamy: My dad brought this home on VHS when I was a kid because it had some blurb on it about Mad Magazine, and in fact, Alfred E Newman is in the film at the start and end. Mom wasn't too pleased how it all played out though...
It was a pretty good flick.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I want an Albert Zugsmith boxset:

SEX KITTENS GO TO COLLEGE (Mamie Van Doren and Tuesday Weld)
THE PRIVATE LIVES OF ADAM AND EVE (Mickey Rooney as the Devil, Mamie Van Doren as Eve)
CONFESSIONS OF AN OPIUM EATER (Vincent Price in the title role)

Eddie Estes

Agent
Just One of The Guys(version out is Fool Screen)
Can't Buy Me Love(same as above)
Prime Risk(I grew up in Culpeper VA where some of it was filmed)

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Felix the Cat - The Movie (I LOVED this as a kid, and have the r2 import, but is a really, really bad transfer.)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this counts, well maybe in Monster pictures, but War of the Gargantuas has been on my list for a long, long time. Add my vote for Night of the Comet as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks