What's new

Cheesiest movies you'd love to see on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor

Not sure about that, but it does look suspicious. On the other hand, it's not like there haven't been other movies which showed up in other regions long before they showed up in the States.

I'll wait for a Region 1 release.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Here's a cheesy movie that I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to have ever requested: Shining Through. This dumb, early '90s movie starred Melanie Griffith as an utterly implausible secret agent in Nazi Germany with Michael Douglas as her lover.

It has a bigger budget than most of the others here, but its just as cheesy, particularly the ending with Douglas carrying a wounded Griffith across the Swiss border while being shot at and their joint appearance in old-age makeup in a "50-years later" scene. I'd buy it- doesn't that justify a DVD release?

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Whoops... how could I forget the Andy Warhol films... both dracula and frankenstein.

"you cannot know life until you've fucked death in the gall bladder". Funny stuff.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was going to say Krull... but I see there's a special edition out there.

Looks like there goes another $16.95 :rolleyes

In that case, I'd like to see Star Wars Episode IV. ;)

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney

You know, Amy, I saw this movie when it was in theaters, and frankly I enjoy the darned thing! OK, so it's implausible and all, but what the heck, John Gielgud and Liam Neeson are good in it, and if it hadn't been for this film, I'd have never heard of 1940's The Mortal Storm! So, yeah! I'd like to see Shining Through, cheesy though it is, on DVD!

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
My choice for cheesy choice on DVD is

"Three-Way Weekend"

from the early 80's starring Jody Lee Olhava and Blake Parrish.

The film is about two girls who go on a weekend camping trip only to run across a sadistic forest ranger, a former Nixon named "Howard Creep", who has turned into a perverted wildman who wears a cheap gorilla mask, and a recently married couple. Lots of wild dialogue and crazy music ensue in this mad romp.

Stuuuuuuuuupid doesn't begin to describe this movie but I want to see a DVD with extras.

My VHS copy won't last forever.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Lunatics: A Love Story. I'm sure ANchor Bay would love to have it, but it's Columbia/Tristar, so I'm not holding my breath for them to release it or license it out. If MGM owned this, we'd have had it a long time ago.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

You and me both. :frowning: I'd love to have Looker on DVD. The theme really was cheesy. Really like the film though. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks