1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap and temporary projector questions...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jeremy:L, May 8, 2003.

1. Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L Agent

I'll be moving in about a year, at which point I plan to invest in a good projector, screen, etc. I've been using a 27" tv, but I've also been bitten by the FPTV bug, so I've been thinking about buying a cheap projector to tide me over. I basically have two questions.

1) Would it be possible to get a used projector for $200-400 that would give a decent picture? By decent, I mean as good or better than the standard 27" inch TV.

2) If so, what models might be good options? Some possibilities that I have found on Ebay are the Proxima LS1 & SV1, Infocus LP225 & LP280, Phillips Proscreen 4750, etc. My only requirements are that is has zoom and enough lumens to work fairly well in a dim, but not dark, room. Any other recommendations on where to look for used projectors?

Thanks!

2. Rob McAuliffe

I've been scanning http://www.audiogon.com and seen some good deals... They have a Home Theater / Video section. Or you do searches.

3. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

If you buy a cheap used projector, be prepared to fork out for a new bulb (typically $200-$500).