What's new

Chapters Online - Terrible Policies (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to import a copy of the Canadian-exclusive Smallville DVD. I'd preordered it. When it didn't ship by the day after release, I got suspicious. I checked the page and it was listed out of stock.

No worries, I thought, I'll just cancel my order and order from another online retailer. Unfortuneately, unlike US relailers like Amazon.com you can't immediately cancel your order. You have to "request cancel" and pray it makes it through before they get around it shipping it God knows how many days after release date. Not only does this prevent me from managing my finances, it also chains me down to their service.

A very bad policy, which I hope will be remedyied before I order another Canadian DVD... because if not, they're not getting my business.

Brian E

Screenwriter
You have to "request cancel" and pray it makes it through before they get around it shipping it
It's the same policy Buy.com has or at least did when I quit using them.

It is a crappy policy, but they do have it posted on thier site IIRC. I've learned the hard way that you have to read through the policies of a new site before making a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, to their credit, they're upfront about it. But when one isn't expecting any problems, one needn't worry about such things. And now I'm screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks