What's new

cerwin vega at-15 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
john brown
I have one mint condition huge cerwin vega at 15 speaker for sale...it works like a dream and has more bass than once could ever imagine The offer I have come up with is $100 not including shipping however this price is open to suggestion and negoiations

here are the specs:
Description: 15" 3-Way
Frequency Response: 28Hz-28kHz
Power Handling Capacity, Minimum/Maximum: 5/400 Watts
Sensitivity, 1W at 1M: 102dB
Nominal Impedence: 4 OHMS
Distortion, Midband at 96dB/M, THD & IM: 0.4%
Maximum Output Level,Pair at 3M,Full Power: 127dB
LF Driver VC Size: 2.05"
Low Frequency Driver: 15" Cast Aluminum Frame
Mid Frequency Driver: (2) 5" Cones
High Frequency Driver: 1" Microcell Polymer Dome with Acoustic Transformer
Crossover Frequencies: 400Hz/3000Hz
Connections: Banana Plugs
Protection: Self-Resetting Circuit Breaker for Tweeter, Overall Fuse
Level Controls: Tweeter,Midrange
Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex
Enclosure Construction: 3/4" Particle Board,Braced
Finish: Scuff Resistant Woodgrain Vinyl
Dimensions H x W x D: 36.5" x 19" x 18.5"
Gross Weight: 90lbs.
Condition is Very Good
thanks for looking
matt

matty d

Auditioning
Real Name
Matty D.
Where are you located? (Province / State?) Do you have the front screen? (The cover that is used to protect the woofers exposed cone). I could use a Screen, and spare parts (Just incase).

I can vouch for the bass. I have two of these running on a Yamaha Surround Amp - only 75W rms (but VERY clean power). The Sound quality is beautiful. and the Volume Well, These speakers preffer a large room in order to fully appreciate the quality, and quantity of the base from the 15" woofer. I believe the port on the rear is about 6" in Diameter.

You would be EXTREMELY hard pressed to find a better speaker for $100
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

PS in 1989 a Pair cost more than $1000. I lucked in, I came across a pair in 2001 for next to nothing, it's been love ever since :D

Totemguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob M.
Hello! I am brand new to this forum, and actually found it and your post by searching for info on the venerable AT-15! I have a friend that has a pair of these speakers and am continually blown away by how they perform. I realize that your post has been on the forum for some time, but was just wondering if you still own this single speaker? Also, just curious, how is it that there is only one? If you do, what would a ballpark on shipping be to our friends in Bellingham, Washington, 98228? We are actually in Canada, but can always make another excuse to go down and visit! Hope this reply finds you well, and congrats on your new leader!! The world is behind you! All the best, Rob.

marantznut

Auditioning
Real Name
Fred
hi was just givein a pair of 15's and on speaker a dog got it and need a AT 15" sub let me know shure we meet on price somewhere thanks email is [email protected] thanks
Edited by marantznut - 7/21/2009 at 11:59 pm GMT

noblepuker

Auditioning
Real Name
Carter
The cerwin vega AT-15 speakers described above cost $1200 for the pair in 1991.I own a set....and YES,they rock.They're excellent 4-way loudspeakers.The bass output is where they really shine.

Vega has new ones,very similar,in cheaper boxes (no 'level' knobs either).Other than that,they appear to be identical...my buddy bought them a few yrs back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks