Center Channel speaker bleeding TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Johnson, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

I just installed most of my first HT today. got everything working. Then notice a while later that old color bleed in the upper left of the TV. I know whats causing it but why? I thought center speakers were 'shielded' the speaker is the klipsch sc1 & is a regular zenith 32in tv? Its not sitting directly on the tv but on the entertainment stand above it? Any way to cure this ?

2. Bill Bradstreet

Bill Bradstreet Stunt Coordinator

One suggestion is to put some tin foil between the speaker and the TV. Should add a bit more shielding.

Sorry, can't explain why a shielded speaker would cause this problem.

3. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Thought I would follow up since someone was nice enough to answer (thanks bill) I moved the speaker a little farther back & turned to tv off for a minute- turned tv back on and everything was fine.
    NOW, should I position it over the tv directly(its about as wide as my tv, but I have an entertainment stand)? OR Can I position it on my entertainment stand in the middle & a little farther back like I have it now (girlfriend preferred method)?
    Just a P.S. Why does nobody go into the chat? [​IMG]