What's new

Censorship? Where are the DVNR and grain-filtering threads gone? (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith

No matter how much a site/person wants to position themselves as independent of studio influence the fact is at the end of the day they still have to work with them. You can only bite the hand that feeds you so many times until that hand comes back at you with a rolled up newspaper and swats you in the nose rather than passing you a treat.

Be greatfull that the subject was at least brought up and stirred up enough attention that something might actually be done about it in the future.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye

And that, my friends, wins the thread. Best close it now.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I knew that the "DNR" & "Recall" threads vanished.
And, thanks too this thread: "TYL" on "TDB".
Now I notice the entire "LD" thread is gone & the "Patton" review "post".
WoW
RAH is REALLY cleaning house.
Hope its worth it, cause a lot of time & effort, as well as good info were contained in all that disappeared.

KEEP FIGHTING, THE GOOD FIGHT!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am looking foward to seeing what changes the studio decide to make in regards to the use of DNR. I hope that the use of DNR for HD content will be discontinued. HD titles make up at least 90% of my purchases so it is important to get the best quality available.

Let's hope there is good news soon that point towards the death of DNR. ;)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
RAH pointed out from the start that what he started was not simply about complaining nor was it only about Patton and TLD.

It seems to me that he thinks that the threads and articles he started/wrote had the desired impact and therefore he requested them to be removed. I certainly hope the industry will produce better transfers for all of us as a result.

Remember that in the end we have to work together with the software vendors to get superior product not against them - we cannot take over their libraries and produce the discs ourselves.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The only thing I'm mad at over this issue is that I wasn't able to save some of those HIGHLY informative posts (and "the bits'" article)
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
. I totally understand the request for removal, however.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I trust that RAH and others who are spearheading efforts to communicate the feelings of the HT community about DNR are going about it the right way. We're always free to express our own opinions directly to the studios if we choose.

Perhaps these "redactions" are indicative of some kind of understanding with the studios to the effect that "we got the message and are taking measures to correct the situation, so please call off the dogs now."

Meanwhile, to those who really want to find original words for the information they contain, if you Google and find the article or thread, try clicking on the "Cached" link and see what you can find. If it was written, it's still out there.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

You can trust that. Trust me on that.

Message has been received. Now we sit and wait to see how
future releases are treated.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I'll trust that cool heads, intelligence, and responsibility will rule the roadmap.

We can always stoke the furnaces again in the future if need be.

I for one, would like to send a resounding "thank you" to RAH, for all he has said and done for the benefit of our beloved obsession. I'm referring to excellence in home theater, of course.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Sony fixed the Fifth Element problem, and Disney corrected the framing issue on the first POTC discs so I have confidence that this issue will be resolved as long as we stay tactful in our approach to the studios.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks