Cecil B. Demented / Bulworth re-release anytime soon?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Guido, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Guido

Guido Stunt Coordinator

I have looked on forum after forum and found nothing - does anyone know if Cecil B. Demented or Bulworth are in any position for any sort of re-release with special features?

These two subversive movies are amazing and were released with such bare DVDs it's so upsetting!

Any info would be so helpful.

Thanks!

2. Guido

Guido Stunt Coordinator

I agree those features are great but I'd love something more in depth than the silly Comedy Central special, and anything else random really - were there deleted scenes? Are there interviews with the cast? Maybe even a cast and JW commentary.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

3. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Guido, I can't speak authoritatively but as C.B.D. wasn't exactly a hit with critics or audiences I seriously doubt we'll see a re-release anytime soon.

I'm a huge Waters fan but think that C.B.D isn't among his finest work. The idea is great, but the script drags and Melanie Griffiths is just terrible (and not in a good JW way).

4. Russ Felton

Russ Felton Stunt Coordinator

I don't think that there are many deleted scenes (if any) for Cecil B Demented. I seem to recall John Waters saying that he rarely shoots scenes that he doesn't need. He edits the script before hand to remove things he deems unimportant. That's how he always stays under budget.

Russ