What's new

CD recorder recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Parsh Patel

Auditioning
I would like to buy a CD recorder soon and after doing some research have some questions. I would also be interested in any recommendations.
I'm looking for a dual-tray recorder that allows me to control the input levels for both analog and digital sources.
1. I've noticed that most of the models I'm looking at sample at 32kHz; 44.1kHz; and 48kHz. However the NAD samples up to 96kHz. I assume this matters but I'm not sure how. Any help on this question would be appreciated.
2. Also all of the recorders' specs give specs for recording dynamic range and S/N as well as playback dynamic range and S/N...with the recording specs always being lower. I assume this means that the CDs I record will be recorded at a lower dynamic range. Is that correct? Or do the specs apply to the recording and playback sides of the recorder?
I've looked at the Denon CDR-W1500, Marantz DR-6050, Pioneer PDR-W37, and the NAD C660. Any opinions between these models (or others)?
Thanks in advance for any help.
------------------

Philip

Grip
I have the exact same questions....Also, what about the new Sony CD recorder? Phil

Parsh Patel

Auditioning
Philip,
For what it's worth, I ended up buying the Denon CDR-W1500. I've only had time to burn 3 LPs and a couple CDs. Based on this limited experience, I would recommend it. I compared the recorded CDs to the original and couldn't detect a difference. It's really easy to use if you want to burn the entire CD. On albumns, it's easy to use as well. One feature I like is that you just hit the "rec" button while the LPs playing to insert track numbers instead of hitting the pause button (which you can also do but that introduces a 2 second gap). I don't know if this is a common feature but this way I can make sure that I don't miss the introduction to the next song. The one feature I liked about this model versus the others is that I can control the input levels for both analog and digital inputs. That way if I'm making a mixed CD, I can adjust for differences in the recording levels of the various CDs.
I never did find out the answers to my two questions but it doesn't seem to have mattered for now.
------------------

Philip

Grip
Thanks....I might take your advice and go with the Denon....but does anyone else have commonts on the Sony or another CDR on the market? Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks