What's new

CD Burning Question (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Nero, never heard of but as far as Roxio is concerned it was pretty good. I couldn't do D.J. Mixed CDs because Roxio would create a small space between each track number hence breaking the entire CD up. I went with a stand alone Audio CD Recorder (TDK) and I love it. Not as fast as the computer burner 32x as oppose to 4x, but an eighty minute cd is done in 20 minutes with out the skips. Roxio or Nero can use regular CDr's or CDrw's as oppose to the audio recorder uses Digital Audio CDrs only.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I have Nero Express on my desktop and even the Express version allows you to eliminate the pause between tracks. Are you sure Roxio does not? It's supposed to be pretty good.

Anyway, I don't burn for mixes or anything, just personal use and Nero has been fine for compilation CD's, as well as MP3/WMA CD's for use in CD players that are MP3 capable. Now I have to get to get one in my car, so I can shrink my 100 plus roadtrip CD's down to about 20. My CD cases are like an extra passenger.:thumbsdown:

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Another vote for Nero. I've used about 4 different programs and always end up going back to Nero.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Nero. And yes, you can indeed eliminate the space between tracks in Roxio quite easily by using the "Disk-at-once" option. I learned that from the help file.;)

If you want to do more sophisticated stuff like crossfades between songs I highly recommend Cakewalk Pyro which is very inexpensive. The thing I like about Nero is that it does CD-Text when it burns.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I used to use Roxio, but when I upgraded PC's a few years ago that older version no longer worked on my new PC. I upgraded to Nero (it was less expensive than a Roxio upgrade at the time) and have been quite pleased with the program. I use it mostly to make compilation CD-R's for listening in my car. It also has an integrated program for creating jewel case insert song listings, if that is a need.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I had a bad experience with Nero a while back.

I use EAC for CD ripping. (The best ripper in the world. It does multiple reads to make sure it's getting a bit for bit perfect copy of the disc. No other ripper does that.) I wanted to use Nero for writing. But after install, Nero "broke" something that EAC needed for ripping. I had to completely reinstall and reconfigure EAC to get it to work right again. Had something to do with Nero messing up the ASPI layer.

Roxio is OK.

To be honest, if you cruise the hardcore CD burning sites, the software you use to burn discs isn't a big deal. Now, I just use whatever's already installed on my PC. I use Sonic Record Now or something now. As long as I have the "disk at once" option, and the option to change write speed, I'm happy. :) Not like the old days where you had to worry about buffer underruns.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info on Roxio, I'll look it up and start using it again to make copies for the truck.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know of software that allows you to copy karaoke cd's.I have sonic on my computer and it doesn't allow me to do it.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'd put a vote in for Nero, but then again I haven't really used Roxio since it became Roxio. I know that Adaptec's "EZ CD Creator" was a piece of junk though. I'd only assume that it got better over time, but I've been using Nero without any problems for years.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator

It's CD+G. I've copied them before with the sonic program but all i get is music , no words on the screen. Sorry about hi-jacking the thread Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks