What's new

Catlevania White Night Concerto...I'm excited! (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Gamespot has a new preview of the upcoming title here
The hands-on includes in game movies and some reports on the play style of the game. It appears they are making this little son of a gun the true spiritual brother of Symphony of the Night. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!
Now if only Konami would get a Castlevania game out for one of the next-gen systems.....

Andre F

Screenwriter
No matter what platform this appears on it should be kept in in 2-D. The last cart for the GBA was awesome.

-Andre

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think they should make a 3-D Castlevania, but be VERY careful in how they do it. The N64 one mainly shared a name with the 2-D ones and pretty much everything from the interface to the graphics to the style to the story to the fighting system was different.

But nonetheless, they will probably always be their best in 2-D. I missed CotM, so I'll have to pick this up.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I think they should make a 3-D Castlevania, but be VERY careful in how they do it.
Balderdash. No offense Morgan, but some games just won't be the same in 3D. Castlevania, especially the first one, is all about extremely difficuly jumps, with medusa heads flying at you, and a skeleton throwing bones from below (somehow going through the bricks.) Timing is impeccable.

I can't see it working in 3D. Either:

A. The jumps will have to be 'automatic' ala Devil May Cry or frustratingly difficult, ala Maximo.

B. The enemies will have to exist in a 3D world as well, so no more throwing bones at you from the floor beneath(they'd hit the ceiling)...or having gargoyles fly from one side of the screen to the next hitting the player, but not the objects around him/her.

C. The action would perhaps slow down. The only 3D game I've played that comes close to a Castlevania feel is Devil May Cry. Even so, I thought the GBA's Castlevania game was better than the PS2's Devil May Cry.

Plus, the games *look* fantastic. Call me old-fashioned, but I still enjoy looking at 2D pixels, not just polygons.

Here's to hoping a PS2 2D Castlevania is in the works...or perhaps Contra.

Oh, and I can't wait for White Night Concerto!

-Jason

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think they should keep making 2-D games, but they should at least try to make a good 3-D game. They should give it a valiant effort (or make a spinoff series so its not given the exact same standards).

John Chow

Second Unit
Dammitt I want my PS2 version. I don't want to buy a gameboy advance just so i can play this and circle of the moon.

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought Circle of the Moon for my little brother who owns a GBA and the game seems pretty cool. However, the screen is so dark and the way the GBA its designed makes me love my copy of Symphony of the Night for the PS even more.

I agree that a new 2-D Castlevania as well as a 2-D Megaman (not the X series but a classic Megaman 9) should be made for the PS2.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
MegaMan 9 was made. I think it was a SNES game in Japan.

CotM had brightness problems that should be fixed in WNC, which is actually Harmony of Dissonance in America.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
There is no Mega Man 9 (actually it would be IX in the Mega Man naming scheme, although 8 didn't have a Roman Number in its title...strange).

Mega Man VII was the only Mega Man on the SNES.

The last Mega Man game was Mega Man 8 on the PlayStation and Saturn.

And there have only been 6 Mega ManX games with x1 and x2 on the SNES, x3 on SNES, PS, Sat, and PC, x4 on PS, Sat, PC, x5 and x6 on PS.

John Chow

Second Unit
Megaman X1 was also out for the PC. I know, 'cuz I have it :) It also came bundled with a 6 button joypad.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
X4 came out for PC, I think, too.

MM9/IX came out for SNES in Japan, not America. It was called Rockman (MegaMan in Japan) and Forte or Rockman and Bass.

I have MMX1-5, getting 6 as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks