What's new

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I thought the theater cleaner was going to kick my ass when I told him I didn't read any of the books. :lol:

*** 1/2 for me. I thought the film was extremely entertaining from start to finish and I was shocked that the running time actually felt short. The visuals are obviously terrific but I'm surprised at how much I enjoy the two lead characters. Again, having not read the books I was worried when I watched the first film and with a second I wasn't sure it I'd want to "follow" these characters but the actors are simply so good that it's pretty easy. I'm certainly looking forward to the next film just to see where the story goes from here.

And yes, I enjoyed this more than 12 YEARS A SLAVE. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought it better than the first film, particularly with making characters like Effie more sympathetic. I do feel the love triangle is not very convincing for those who aren't informed by having read the books.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just saw this today and I thought it was very good. The next one is out next November, and that is Part One of the finale. When is the concluding part, November again in 2015 or summer 2015?Edit: Ok, I see that Mockingjay part 1 is November 21, 2014 and Mockingjay part 2 is November 20, 2015. Looking forward to both.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
see this movie in IMAX! The entire games portion of the film was shot with IMAX cameras.

There was a solid 35 minutes of straight IMAX footage without interruption.

FWIW, i saw this at the Air And Space Museum in VA on IMAX 70mm.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I wasn't in a movie-going mood last Fall, so prevented my wife from seeing it. As a minor surprise I rented Girl On Fire from redbox today.Owe reread hunger games before the first movie. Unsurprisingly. My view if that movie suffered. Now, I haven't read the middle book in several years. With some distance from source, this new movie was fantastic. And though I knew how it transitions to the third book,I was shocked by the abrupt end. How exciting, to have play-for-keeps cliffhanger!Thoroughly enjoy it. Completely baffled how MockingJay is to be approached. The trilogy fell apart in the third book. Maybe a cinematic approach will redeem it. Looking forward to the final film

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks