What's new

Castlevania Discussions of Dissonance... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
IGN has just posted thier review of the latest GBA Castlevania game, Harmony of Dissonance. They scored the game at a 9.2:
Presentation
No real twists and turns in the storyline, no real surprises...just a nice, clean Castlevania experience from start to finish. 8.0
Graphics
Outstanding use of the Game Boy Advance's sprite and background effects make it look almost as good, maybe better than Symphony of the Night. 9.0
Sound
The music's not terrible, but far from what's expected from a Castlevania game. Guess all that effect-pushing took its toll on the music engine. 7.0
Gameplay
Outstanding continuation of the Castlevania gameplay...the boss battles have been tamed down a lot from last year's game, but otherwise the game's fun as all heck. 9.0
Lasting Appeal
The adventure's a good, long one, but it does end. Finishing with 100 percent will net a different ending, and there are other trinkets that unlock as well. 7.0
Final Score: 9.2
Rest of the review can be found here:
Link Removed
(Note: you must be an insider)
This along with EGM's glowing review just make me want to gush. Though I would have preferred Konami make this installment of the series on a next gen console, I'll take Castlevania anyway I can get it.
As a confessed Drac addict (Castlevania Symphony of the Night is my favorite game of all time) I cannot wait for this to be released. Date of release is officially the 18th (though hopefully I'll be getting my hands on it tommorrow). *MUST HAVE MORE CASTLEVANIA*

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'm pumped about this game as well. Circuit City had it in their ad for $22, I think.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
This got game of the month from EGM last issue, beating Mario Sunshine, and a few other high profile games, it must be good. I'll pick it up. :)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I've played through the Japanese version of this game, "White Night Concerto". Definetly worthy. Some aspects of it are inferior to Circle of the Moon, such as the music. But overall it's a great game. I'm looking forward to playing through it again in English so i can finally understand the story!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It is in my Gameboy now. 2 words....FUCKING AWESOME!
I'll be back with a more indepth review later..:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks