What's new

Car stereo for my upcoming AMG! (1 Viewer)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Phillip - Curious as to if you have a system in your vehicle. I have an 89 Ford Ranger and coincidentally use both JL and ID in it. 2 JL 15w3s and some ID Chameleon 6.5" components. I haven't heard too many good systems in Grand Forks.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
JL is great, but so are the IDQ's

IDQ's are designed for small enclosure and all ive heard are amazing!

Personally, Id choose IDQ over JL.

Id also choose Pioneer's HU's

Steve Adams

Second Unit
yeah, im flippin a coin on the hu, premier 940 looks good! i have experince with JL, that is what i have now, so im going to stick with them and mb quart speakers. stuff that i know sounds good, personal experience. but the head unit is still up in the air, right now i have a sony es, and im not happy with it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Phillip - Curious as to if you have a system in your vehicle. I have an 89 Ford Ranger and coincidentally use both JL and ID in it. 2 JL 15w3s and some ID Chameleon 6.5" components. I haven't heard too many good systems in Grand Forks.
Yes, I have a pair of infinity reference series 10's (I blew both my soundstream reference 10's, oops. I would have these cheapo infinity's over the JL 10's I had awhile ago) driven by a soundstream reference 604, and a pair of ID coaxials driven by a SS reference 300, a buddy of mine is an image dynamics dealer down south, he hooked me up with the coax's :)
the chameleons are nice, VERY nice. Wish they had been in my budget at the time.
the system is in a sort of mess right now, I got rear ended like a month ago and everything in the trunk got broken loose, so the amps are kinda floating free, it even snapped the anchors on my sub box in half. But it works.
Oh the headunit is a JVC 770 I think is the model, it's a double din, so my options were limited.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I got the Chameleons off of eBay. Another thing I like about them is that they're 2 ohms. I also have some IDQ 6.5" midbasses sitting around. Was originally gonna put them in my doors and have the Chameleons in some homemade kickpanels, but I discovered I suck at making kicks. I've got a Panasonic deck. Does everything I need it to and like the color changing thing at night. For amps I'm running the JBL 1200.1 and an MTX 6304. Had to replace my alt. (stock was 60amps, got a 190amp now)

I guess I may try and build a ported box, but then I won't be able to see out of my back window. A guy I talk with in western Minnesota (Middle River) had a good idea of a box with multiple ports that I could plug for when I'm using it for different reasons.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
After listening to a/d/s, MB Quart, Focal, & Dynaudio, I ended up purchasing the component set from Adire Audio (supposedly equal quality, 1/3rd the cost). I say 'supposed' because the tweeter and x-over are shipping this week (midbass driver is awesome). I'm also planning on one of their Brahma sub drivers (IMO the best reasonably priced SQ sub driver for car audio). http://www.adireaudio.com for the driver info and this site has a good Adire forum. Oh yes... the Adire has excellent off-axis imaging (so it is ideal for door applications).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks