What's new

Can't remember name of album (1 Viewer)

DarrenH

Agent
Hi all,
Hoping someone can jog my memory. Back in the early 90's (I think) there was an album of hybrid rap and metal, similar to Anthrax and Public Enemy (though I am not sure if their version of Bring the Noise was on this album). Does anyone know the name of this album? Thanks...

MatS

Screenwriter
are you refering to the soundtrack to the early 90's movie Judgment Night?

this was one of the first cd's to cross the two genres

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
I have a feeling you're thinking of Faith No More. As far as I know they were the first to combine the two genres. Their first recording was released aroun '84, way before the sound caught on. "Epic" was a killer mix of rap, rock and experimental.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking it was Faith No More, also. The album with "Epic" on it is called "The Real Thing", which came out in 1989. They had one that came out in 1992 called "Angel Dust". Download Epic and see if that was what you were thinking of.

DarrenH

Agent
Hi all,
Actually, the one I had in mind was Judgment Night. Body Count and Faith No More are also quality listening material. Thanks!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks