Canadian Lion's Gate Supermarket Releases

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Harris, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Gary Harris

Gary Harris Stunt Coordinator

I didn't know any other way to describe this. Today I was in our local supermarket & saw quite a large display of Lion's Gate DVD releases. They were all pretty much "below B" releases with the exception of Simply Ballroom. There were no specs on the covers of sound or presentation. Anyone have any info? The prices were all 5.99cdn. I'd hate to pay even that for P&S.

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Hahaha....I was in Safeway just an hour ago and saw the same thing. They looked like horrible movies and I only recognized "Double Dragon".

Stay away I think....

Gord

3. Chris Richard

Chris Richard Auditioning

I just opened and started viewing a Lion's Head copy of Simply Ballroom last night. Sure enough it was P&S. The DVD had no extras and the quality was questionable (though I didn't watch much of it.)

I bought this copy at an eBay dutch auction for $9.99. My mistake. Beware.

4. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

A few of these have turned up in the US at Big Lots (formerly MacFrugal's), I picked up Ernest Rides Again and Slam Dunk Ernest. Quality isn't Madacy-bad but they are obviously from an analog tape source as I saw a few tape glitches. I can see why Canadians gripe whenever this company gets the rights to put out a good movie.

6. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

7. Tim Robbins

Tim Robbins Agent

I have a Lion's Gate copy of Hellraiser 3 that I picked up at a walmart about 2 yrs ago. I only watched the disc 1/2 way thru, looks like it was copied to DVD from a really bad VHS source (P&S, sound quality is horrible).