What's new

Can someone please explain The Great Escape World Cup Editon (1 Viewer)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
How does the movie The Great Escape connect with World Cup? Just curious...

The theme from the Great Escape is an unofficial anthem for the English soccer team.

At every England game there is a official supporters band which plays various songs, before/during and after a game, to build up the fans.

One of them is the theme from the Great Escape. It is a very popular song and speaking from personal experience great when your watching England :0)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I could understand if they used the other "great" escape world war II movie more.. That being.. Victory!
A friend of mine always says, if he ever goes to prison, the first thing he is doing is organizing a soccer game.
-- Matt

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
The UK limited edition version of the Great Escape SE(slightly more expensive) has an extra menu with 2 extras a 5 minute feature on the England supporters band as Jonathan mentions above and a spoof ad for the England soccer replica kit based on the Great Escape.

You also get a 5 foot by 3 foot union (England) flag !

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Surely it's just an England flag, Malcolm? The Union Flag is totally different...Or am I going mad?

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Your are correct Theo

It is the England flag of St George, red cross on white background. I am sure our colleagues elsewhere in the UK would get upset otherwise !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks