Can an SVS 25-31PCi dump salt water on my floor?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Elias, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Steve Elias

Steve Elias Stunt Coordinator

The problem with multiple obsessive compulsive hobbies is that sometimes they overlap. In this case I have a living room (22' x 30' that is spilt in half by a small stepdown. The floor of the bottom half (22' x14')of the room is carpet over a concrete slab and contains the HT. The upper part of the room (22' x16')has a hardwood floor on a pier and post substructure. The upper room also contains my coral reef aquarium. If the SVS were to shake, rattle, and roll the house enough to damage the glass aquarium's joints, I would find myself with 190 gallons of saltwater on the floor. I doubt I would think this a good thing, although considering how some of you feel about your subs, you might view this as an exciting vindication of your sub's abilities. [​IMG] Anyway, any thoughts on the chance of such an event happening? Any thoughts on the effects a fully operational SVS sub will have on the animals in the tank? Hopefully, I've just developed an irrational concern... Thanks.
    -Steve

2. Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry Stunt Coordinator

I hade a small reef in my HT room before...I didnt have an SVS (yet) but the sub I had put out a lot of bass. The only problem I ran into was the live rock would tumble from time to time if it was barely balanced. I dont think you would have any concern of a problem...the biggest thing that causes a tanks seals to weeken is if the tank is not level.I now have a 110 thats a reef,a 95 thats just some big fish![​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I do not have any salt tanks,only fresh water.I currently have 4 tanks running.I have had my svs every where from right next to my 55 gallon to clear on the other side of the room.Even with depth charges on u-571 at totally insane levels i had no trouble,the fish did not seem to mind at all.

As long as the tank is not made of really cheap materials,I see no trouble

4. Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont Supporting Actor

Steve,

Not that you'd really want to go this option, but you could always turn down the level of the sub so that it's not so obtrusive to the aquarium.

Troy

5. Rich G

Rich G Stunt Coordinator

Yea, you may have to get little fishy ear plugs so the PETA people don't batter down your door. [​IMG]

6. Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry Stunt Coordinator

bawhahaha[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Good one Rich G