What's new

Calibration guidance appreciated (1 Viewer)

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
just got my system hooked up, which alone was a major accomplishment mc-8, pair of snell xa75 towers,xa55 center, psb's for side and rear, toshiba sd9200 dvd, sony hd200, pioneer hd58 tv....i am trying to calib everything at once, and quite honestly i am becoming overwhemed...i need to start at the basics...where do i start?? i am only hooked up for two days now...dvd's sound and look awesome....does anyone live near farmingville new york?? as you can tell i am a crazed man right now that wants instant gratification....any advise will be appreciated....

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I changed your title from "MC-8 guidance appreciated" to "Calibration guideance appreciated", since the question isn't limited to the MC-8.

There are two things to do that should take priority over all else:

1. Calibrate your display using AVIA, Video Essentials or some similar disc. I happen to prefer AVIA, but either of these titles will provide sufficient instruction and information on basic video calibration.

2. Calibrate the volume levels of your 8 channels on the MC-8, using a sound pressure level ("SPL") meter. Lexicon's on-screen display makes this a relatively simple procedure. Be sure to use the MC-8's internal test tones and not the test tones supplied on a calibration disc, which will not be optimized for the MC-8's separate rear and side speakers.

For more information on basic calibration, check out our Beginner's Primer and FAQ; use the link in my signature.

M.

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
thanks michael...i have that avia disc and i bought a spl meter from radio shack...i bought the digital one, and from reading different opinions maybe i should have bought the analog meter...but first i will check out that link...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks