What's new

cable filters (1 Viewer)

thomas_macka

Auditioning
Does anybody have any input/experience with these cable filters, such as the one found at electronicliquidations.com ?

They are only to be used legitimately.

Thanks!

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
They are obviously used to "legitimately" steal PPV content. Wonder if they can get me one in time for Mosley/DelaHoya fight Saturday night?

KurtBJC

Agent
I would be very surprised if this product works. Actually, let me rephrase that. I would be very surprised if this product does anything other than what it explicitly states:

"The filter will allow you to receive all the channels that you order with your remote control!"

And indeed, if you order a channel with your remote, you'll be able to receive it. You will, of course, also receive a bill from your cable company for the order. In other words, no difference from how your cable service currently behaves.

I'm not fully up to speed on how digital cable boxes work these days, but generally there's a two-way communication going on, and the idea here is to filter out the frequencies on which the communication occurs. I'm not sure that's possible, because I'm not sure there's a fixed frequency range at which those communications occur, but even if this could be done, it would probably not enable you to view encrypted channels. It might, in fact, if it did work, disable viewing of all your digital channels.

It's cheaper to pay for the content you want to watch than to try to get around paying for it...the "stealing cable" market is full of tricksters. You could buy a bunch of pay-per-views for that $59.99.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I read that similarly Kurt. It's dubious as to what it actually does, but the strong implication is that it's purpose is to defraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks