What's new

Cable Dilema - svideo vs component (1 Viewer)

phill clarke

Auditioning
I've got a small cabling issue with my 27" tv, Panasonic CT-27D21. The unit has 1 component and 1 s-video which are switchable, meaning one works or the other works. I've been using component from the DVD player but I'm moving to a new location where I'll be using DirectTV. The DirecTV is not HD format since I can't afford it currently. The DirecTV unit has a S-Video out which I'd like to use, but this is where the problem is. I do have the ability to do s-video switching through my receiver, but not component. So here's where I need the help...

Do I ditch the component DVD solution and run all S-Video through the receiver switching?

Would there be a noticeable difference on this since I only have a 27" TV?

Should I keep the DVD on component and just run the DirecTV through standard video cables(composite?)

Does DirecTV really gain anything by running S-Video?

Sorry if this was a little long...

I appreciate any help with this

Phill Clarke

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Phill

There is a long thread in sources named 'Digital cable box' that answers your questions.

BTW i bought a DirectTv Sony HD100 for the sony outlet in Tracy for around $500. You might want to check there when you do upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks