What's new

Cable cable cable hookup question (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if it would be a problem to hook up my CD player (an average one) to my receiver via digital coaxial cable. I think I read somewhere that people prefer this as it gives a little bit better sound. I will probably have to do this because when I get an XBOX I will need to use one of the digital optical ins on the receiver. If anyone has an XBOX setup please let me know how you have everything connected. Thx.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hummm.. I'm not up on CD players, but I thought CD players tended to come with Toslink Optical connections rather than coaxial.

But if you have the connections, go for it.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
That actually may be true as I haven't looked yet. So in my laziness I guess I could be wrong. So what items do use digital coaxial connections?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
As far as I have come across, DVD players are the start/only devices that use coaxial digital.

The SPDIF (Sony Phillips Digital Interface Format) specification was written for DVD players.

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
Coaxial digital outs can be found on CD players. I have the H/K FL8300 and it is connected to my H/K receiver through the coaxial digital output. Maybe the coaxial output is not put on many CD players but I am not real sure. Hope this has helped.

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks