What's new

Byron Allen Offers $30 Billion for Paramount Global (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

If accepted, he would probably sell the studio and the IP and keep linear TV, Paramount + Streaming service and the cable channels

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That doesn't make a lot of sense. Sell the studio and the IP while maintaining the streaming service? So all the content would then have to be licensed? That's not going to make it run more efficiently.

It's really sad that yet another of the great studios has come to this.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
That doesn't make a lot of sense. Sell the studio and the IP while maintaining the streaming service? So all the content would then have to be licensed? That's not going to make it run more efficiently.

It's really sad that yet another of the great studios has come to this.
I don't know if it's clear from the article if existing film and TV properties would be sold off with the studio. It's possible he may hold on to some or all the existing library, selling the studio lot and the rights to make films using the Paramount name. As to what would happen to the rights to make additional content related to Star Trek, Mission Impossible etc, who knows. Maybe the rights to make new content for existing franchises goes with the studio sale while existing content stays with Mr. Allen's company. Maybe there is an agreement where Mr. Allen leases the rights to make additional content from existing franchises to the studio. Not sure if Paramount studios could survive by itself. Perhaps it would be sold to Comcast, Disney, Warner Discovery, or Lionsgate.

Last edited:

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Somehow Byron Allen's rise from a comedian to a business mogul escaped me. I remember him an the opening act (really good), for Julie Andrews.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Somehow Byron Allen's rise from a comedian to a business mogul escaped me. I remember him an the opening act (really good), for Julie Andrews.
He's actually quite savvy. He owns The Grio Network. I believe he had Proctor & Gamble to pay most of the production costs for The Grio Awards. Which first aired on The Grio and then aired on CBS and NBC and then back on The Grio. He's had a couple of specials that were made for The Grio air on other networks. He/Entertiainment Studios managed to sell a show about comedians to filll in for the slot after The Late Show with Stephen Colbert..

He's been uinderrated for some time - I really admire what he's done.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
He's actually quite savvy. He owns The Grio Network. I believe he had Proctor & Gamble to pay most of the production costs for The Grio Awards. Which first aired on The Grio and then aired on CBS and NBC and then back on The Grio. He's had a couple of specials that were made for The Grio air on other networks. He/Entertiainment Studios managed to sell a show about comedians to filll in for the slot after The Late Show with Stephen Colbert..

He's been uinderrated for some time - I really admire what he's done.

I thought he was a lower tier late night host. Boggles the mind that he could have enough cash to buy Paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks