What's new

BVHE Press Release: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
First one is a lot better IMO, the second one is passable and has it's moments, but not near as entertaining as #1. But if you got it cheap (say under $20 USD) it's probably worth the price. I sure wouldn't pay a premium for it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Just pre ordered blind. And I mean really blind because I haven't even seen the first one yet. But I knew that this release is going to be extremly limited and go fast. Between the high price and getting socked with tax and shipping (apparently pickup wasn't available at my store)

The pickup option (esp for exclusives) was active for a week or so after being listed. The pattern seems to be offer a certain amount/quot during the initial order then it will eventually go Shipping only (and often that will eventually sell out). Sometime just before release though usually 1-1:30am ET on release day it will go active for shipping and pickup again. So they will have at least some amt for instore release day sales they won't sell the entire stock. I'm not sure if each store has a decision to make on how many they'll allow in presale or if it's standard.

If your store opens in-store pickup prior to shipping you could change the delivery to pickup. If you shop at BBY enough the easiest way to get free shipping is to add a Physical GC ($15 is smallest though). There are also some $1 fillers as well to get you over the $35 FS limit which will save you around $3.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
First one is a lot better IMO, the second one is passable and has it's moments, but not near as entertaining as #1. But if you got it cheap (say under $20 USD) it's probably worth the price. I sure wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Except the quandary is if you want a 4K/3D in one version, you kind of have to take the gamble here because this BB exclusive will sell out quick and then that will be it.

Anyway, I still have some time to cancel if I so decide

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I decided to stick with Blu-ray a while ago and not move on to UHD for a number of reasons I won't get into. I had bought 3D releases for new films as they were available (even though nearly all are post-conversions now), but I'm not going to force myself to buy something I don't want/need through exclusive hoop jumping. So it's the standard Blu-ray release for me through Amazon after it gets listed post-release date. I may have felt differently if the film was shot in real 3D, but it isn't.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure there will be a few extra 3D Discs floating around from the Steelbook strippers who will sell off the discs and Digital to collect the packaging (or keep one format and sell the rest).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The U.K. 3D edition most likely won't be limited in quantity, so if the goal is just to get a copy as cheaply as possible, that may be the way to go.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
But one that also includes the 4K version?

No, I'm sorry, I thought you were enquiring about the 3D part. The BB exclusive as far as I know is the only one with both an UHD disc and a BD3D disc.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
OFFICIAL TRADE AD
GOTG VOL 2 trade ad.JPG

NOTE [for Alf S]: I usually post the trade ads [like the one above] after the press release(s) has been posted. I lost track of posting the ads and fell WAY behind. I need to get back on track.

Last edited:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ruly, are you the newly appointed cover art king at HTF now? Seems every new release thread today (or in the past) has you posting more cover art pics for some strange reason. :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
From Micahel Palmer's 'First Look' of the UHD at Highdefdigest:

"Make no mistake, the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray DESTROYS the Blu-ray in every possible way (even when said Blu-ray is up-rezzed by what's probably the BEST 4K player on the market on arguably the BEST 4K display available today).

I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

No hyperbole whatsoever.

The difference is visible and dramatic. "

WOW! This is exciting.

I wish dedicated 4k projectors dropped a few thousand dollars in order to be reasonably affordable.

Last edited:

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
Just a warning for those who still want the 3D version from Best Buy...it is selling out everywhere. My local store sold out of this within the first hour...luckily I did place a hold on this earlier in the morning and got it in my possession. You can still order for shipping, but even that can go fast.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Question

I just redeemed the digital code that came with the 4K combo and it redeemed the HDX version on Vudu. Not the UHD version

Just want to confirm Others are getting the same result.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Question

I just redeemed the digital code that came with the 4K combo and it redeemed the HDX version on Vudu. Not the UHD version

Just want to confirm Others are getting the same result.
Yeah, same on DisneyMoviesAnywhere!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Called Disney. They said to get the UHD version on vudu you have to buy it directly from vudu. Otherwise HDX only.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just a warning for those who still want the 3D version from Best Buy...it is selling out everywhere. My local store sold out of this within the first hour...luckily I did place a hold on this earlier in the morning and got it in my possession. You can still order for shipping, but even that can go fast.
Ok, I just ordered it for pickup. I noticed I could specify it for pickup tomorrow, or Wed, Thur, or Friday. Since I was going to be in the neighborhood on Friday, that's what I asked for. That was upcharching me by over $10. I changed it back to pickup today. Now way am I paying $10 for them to put it on a shelf. I've never encountered this before.

What would happen if I waited until Friday to pick it up?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ok, I just ordered it for pickup. I noticed I could specify it for pickup tomorrow, or Wed, Thur, or Friday. Since I was going to be in the neighborhood on Friday, that's what I asked for. That was upcharching me by over $10. I changed it back to pickup today. Now way am I paying $10 for them to put it on a shelf. I've never encountered this before.

What would happen if I waited until Friday to pick it up?
You have about a week to pick it up so Friday should be fine.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Why do I have the sinking feeling that I won't be seeing this in 3D until the UK version comes out? No confidence that Best Buy will honor my preorder at this point. If they're taking new orders today while telling people who preordered months ago that they're all out, that can't be a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks