What's new

BVHE Press Release: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
There is some amazing things in here. 4K Digital means Vudu redeem most likely. 4k gets the special treatment of Atmos where the Blu-ray and I would assume the 3D Blu-ray don't get it. For the OLED folks Dolby Vision is included as well... Very nice! Can't wait to see the other 4K announcements.

Except that 4K Vudu is available on so few devices.... However, Google Play Movies and Amazon are also DMA partners and offer 4K on more devices than Vudu!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Except that 4K Vudu is available on so few devices.... However, Google Play Movies and Amazon are also DMA partners and offer 4K on more devices than Vudu!
The major players can handle it.. Chromecast ultra, Roku, several tv brands, even my TCL 4K tv does.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Does Best Buy have a pre-order price guarantee? This is the one I want, but I normally just wait and pick up store exclusives like this on release day.

I don't know about that, but I've learned the hard way that my local Best Buys run out of exclusives well before noon on release day. A store manager once laughed at me for thinking I could get one at 3pm on street date - that was a 24/7 location and the guy said they sell out not long after they go out on midnight. So I feel like I have no choice but to preorder. But I wish I did have a store that ordered sufficient quantities - if they always run out after a couple hours and it's in the weekly circular, they should have stock for at least that week. They under order so severely that it's not even worth going near me.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller

More and more every day... Heck I have multiple both Roku and Xbox One S

4K Ultra HD playback only
LG 2016 & 2017 UHD 4K TVs
Nvidia Shield TV
Roku 4, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)
Roku 4K TVs
Samsung KS, MU and Q-Series 4K TVs
VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs
VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs
Xbox One S

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback
Google Chromecast Ultra
VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs
VIZIO 2016 Smartcast P-Series 4K TVs
VIZIO 2016 Smartcast M-Series 4K TVs
LG 2016 & 2017 Super UHD 4K TVs
LG 2016 OLED 4K TVs - G6, E6, C6 & B6 Models
LG 2017 OLED 4K TVs ? W7, G7, E7 C7 and B7 Models

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They have the option to pre-order it and pick it up at a store too (saving the shipping charge) but I've heard stores then "accidentally" don't hold enough for people who do that. Best Buy doesn't even want to push physical media anymore anyways so don't know why they keep getting these exclusives.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
They have the option to pre-order it and pick it up at a store too (saving the shipping charge) but I've heard stores then "accidentally" don't hold enough for people who do that. Best Buy doesn't even want to push physical media anymore anyways so don't know why they keep getting these exclusives.
Why do you say that? They don't own any streaming companies that I'm aware of.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They owned CinemaNow for a while but sold it off- it's pretty much unusable on every device I have that supports it; takes over a minute just to load titles and then it won't deliver 5.1 sound.

But they've still drastically cut down the selection of media they have in stores compared to what they used to have. They opened here next to a Virgin Megastore and put that out of business just by killing them on prices, but now it's usually not even worth going in anymore.

But if you miss the Best Buy deal, Zavvi has a similar package up for order too: https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/guard...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
BB is pretty big into selling streaming devices, especially via their in house branded TV's etc. They utilize Roku with a few of their TV's and most of their inventory consists of a great number of smart streaming TV's now So I'm sure I'm sure they are much more invested in getting that into homes vs. the out of date physical media.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Does Best Buy have a pre-order price guarantee? This is the one I want, but I normally just wait and pick up store exclusives like this on release day.

They do, but it isn't always as automatic as Amazon. It has been improving and the majority of people with Beauty and the Beast preorder said they were automatically charged the lowest price when their order shipped. Those that didn't OR who panicked and called BBY before their package processed were credited the difference as well. There are still some folks that will cancel and re-order as long as it's possible at every blip

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Hey, I just saw this comment on the Facebook group that I'm a member of. This came from a pretty well connected source so I believe it.. Unfortunately. :(

"Guardians of the Galaxy 2 UHD Digital Info"
So I have some bad news. I called Disney today. After being put on hold several times and going up the chain they told me that the press release is inaccurate. The UHD will only be available on the 4K Disc and not digitally. While we will have to wait to be sure it seems this is the case for now as it's not up for pre-order anywhere and says it should be available August 8th according to the press release.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the press release listed 2.40:1 as the aspect ratio, which is the correct 2D presentation of the film. Press releases can be wrong, and I haven't heard Gunn comment one way or the other.

The shifting ratios was exclusive to the IMAX 3D presentation, which to my mind makes it more appropriate for inclusion on the 3D disc. There was no 2D screening in any format that included them, which says to me that they're meant for 3D only. That's how it was with other Marvel titles with shifting ratios too - Guardians 1, Civil War, Doctor Strange.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Disney only included the shifting IMAX footage on the 3D disc of Guardians of the Galaxy, so I'd expect them to follow suit here, even though the original film didn't get a 4K UHD release.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
Add another Pre-Order from Best Buy for the 3D option, I thought about getting the 1-disc 3D version from Amazon.UK but the steelbook looks great!!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Add another Pre-Order from Best Buy for the 3D option, I thought about getting the 1-disc 3D version from Amazon.UK but the steelbook looks great!!

I don;t think actually is such an option from the UK. 99% chance Amazon it's yet another mislisting as a single disc just like that have a couple other recent titles including BatB. The uproar over the few releases that have come out as a 3D disc only makes me thing Amazon may not ever do it again (Jurassic World was the big screwup and Amazon and the Studio ended up exchanging a lot of angyr customers for combo packs).

The cover picture even states 'also includes 2D Bluray' and I don't think DIsney has ever done a 2D/3D Hybrid disc like Dredd

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Just pre ordered blind. And I mean really blind because I haven't even seen the first one yet. But I knew that this release is going to be extremly limited and go fast. Between the high price and getting socked with tax and shipping (apparently pickup wasn't available at my store), this better be a goddamned good movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks