What's new

Buying Decision on Receiver (1 Viewer)

RobertJohn

Auditioning
I have about decided to pull the trigger on an upgrade to a Denon AVR 789. My rural location does not have a quality store so buying local is not an option. It can be bought with shipping from some on line sources for about $470. Or the licensed Denon retailers have it for $600. How much risk is there in saving the $130 ?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Depends on how you look at it.
If you have a problem, during warranty period, if you bought it from an unauthorized seller, Denon won't recognize the warranty. Do you like to chance it? Did you buy an extended warranty with your tv, or chance it?

If you don't think you have anything to worry about, don't worry about it. If you feel there's a chance something could happen, you'd better buy from an authorized seller. Good luck!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Many un-authorized dealers (and sellers on eBay) offer extended warranties thru third party warranty companies. I'd at least look into one of these if you buy from one of those companies.

Another option is a factory refurb like this one. It comes with a one year warranty from Denon.

eCost.com also has factory Denon refurbs.

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
Sellers on ebay and amazon have, like gene said, warranties or extended warranties so you're buying a perfectly legit item.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
A third party warranty is better than none, if the price is right, but a manufactures warranty is always better. That's why I like factory refurbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks