What's new

Buying a car - anyone familiar with the Ford X-Plan? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is anyone familiar with the Ford "X-Plan", the Ford pricing plan for employees of Ford and their corporate partners? I was checking on this for a Mazda6, and it looks like the X-Plan (or S-Plan for a Mazda) is straight invoice cost.

Can someone confirm or deny that the X-Plan provides straight invoice pricing on new cars?

Thanks much :)

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Nope - it is invoice plus 4%. The cost is printed on the dealer's invoice and they are supposed to give you a copy of it. You need to get a customer number from your company or via their preferred website. It is good for a year, IIRC.

X-Plan has been extended to some other makes besides Ford - i.e. Mazda, Volvo, etc., and there are special deals on Jaguar and I believe LandRover also.

Pretty common these days for a larger company to offer X-Plan - I think it's because it is a part of the incentive packages that Ford gives companies that use them for fleet purchases.

Best of luck! I just bought an F-150 using X-Plan...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks Mike. If it's invoice + 4%, that suggests that the invoice listings at Edmunds.com are too high. The S-plan pricing for the Mazda6 at fordpartner.com has the same prices that Edmunds lists as invoice cost. But perhaps the S-Plan price listings neglects to mention the 4% charge.

Regardless, that's an easy way to get good, no-haggle pricing. I only wish there was an equivalent program with VW or Nissan.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i'm eligable for both the Ford program which is correctly listed at 4% above invoice, and the DaimlerChrysler program which is 1% below invoice.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Craig - that DC program seems surprisingly good to me. I'm also eligible for a GM plan, but I've not investigated that, since GM cars don't interest me.

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
I just bought a Mazda6s under the S-plan, and it was about $45 UNDER invoice. All options are straight invoice, and the base car is just a tad under. You can print out the S-plan prices from the Ford website (fordpartner.com). If fact, the dealer was offering me invoice + 1.5% before I even brought up the S-plan.

Andy

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Regardless, that's an easy way to get good, no-haggle pricing. I only wish there was an equivalent program with VW or Nissan.
Nissan does have a plan, as I just bought a car using it. I think that it is called the VPP or something like that. I may be possible that your company does not participate in it, though.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Nissan does have a plan, as I just bought a car using it. I think that it is called the VPP or something like that. I may be possible that your company does not participate in it, though.
If the company does not use Nissan vehicles in their fleet, he will almost certainly not have access to their buying plan.

I bought a Ford Ranger on the X-Plan and made out quite nicely a couple years ago. If there are additional factory rebates going on as well, it makes the deals even better. Just a note though, if you have one of those credit cards which give you money back on a car purchase, they are not valid in conjunction with these plans.

J

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, my company doesn't participate in any plan with Nissan, only Ford and GM.

If there are additional factory rebates going on as well, it makes the deals even better.
I was also wondering if the factory incentives could be used with the Plan.

Guess I need to test-drive a Mazda6 and see if I like it :)

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
The Daimler Chrysler plan (or Green Slip) is actually the invoice price, minus dealer holdback and advertising fees. Dealer holdback is 3% for DC (check Edmunds, each maker is different, some have no holdback), and the ad fees range from 1-2%. In my experience (3 vehicles bought on green slip), 5% under invoice has been the norm.

I have purchased 2 vehicles on the GM plan as well, but do not remember the particulars. I believe they have 2 different programs, Option 1 and Option 2.

I am also eligible for Ford, but haven't looked into their program.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I was also wondering if the factory incentives could be used with the Plan.
A couple years ago they were still in effect, and I would imagine they are today. The price you get on these plans is usually what you would get from the dealer if you hassel him enough anyway on vehicles not in high demand. Still, especially on those vehicles that are in demand, this is probably one of the best deals going aside from having a dealer as a relative.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks