Buying a car - anyone familiar with the Ford X-Plan?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DaveF, Sep 14, 2003.

1. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Is anyone familiar with the Ford "X-Plan", the Ford pricing plan for employees of Ford and their corporate partners? I was checking on this for a Mazda6, and it looks like the X-Plan (or S-Plan for a Mazda) is straight invoice cost.

Can someone confirm or deny that the X-Plan provides straight invoice pricing on new cars?

Thanks much [​IMG]

2. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Nope - it is invoice plus 4%. The cost is printed on the dealer's invoice and they are supposed to give you a copy of it. You need to get a customer number from your company or via their preferred website. It is good for a year, IIRC.

X-Plan has been extended to some other makes besides Ford - i.e. Mazda, Volvo, etc., and there are special deals on Jaguar and I believe LandRover also.

Pretty common these days for a larger company to offer X-Plan - I think it's because it is a part of the incentive packages that Ford gives companies that use them for fleet purchases.

Best of luck! I just bought an F-150 using X-Plan...

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Thanks Mike. If it's invoice + 4%, that suggests that the invoice listings at Edmunds.com are too high. The S-plan pricing for the Mazda6 at fordpartner.com has the same prices that Edmunds lists as invoice cost. But perhaps the S-Plan price listings neglects to mention the 4% charge.

Regardless, that's an easy way to get good, no-haggle pricing. I only wish there was an equivalent program with VW or Nissan.

4. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i'm eligable for both the Ford program which is correctly listed at 4% above invoice, and the DaimlerChrysler program which is 1% below invoice.

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Craig - that DC program seems surprisingly good to me. I'm also eligible for a GM plan, but I've not investigated that, since GM cars don't interest me.

6. Andrew Testa

Andrew Testa Second Unit

I just bought a Mazda6s under the S-plan, and it was about $45 UNDER invoice. All options are straight invoice, and the base car is just a tad under. You can print out the S-plan prices from the Ford website (fordpartner.com). If fact, the dealer was offering me invoice + 1.5% before I even brought up the S-plan.

Andy

7. Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski Supporting Actor

8. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

9. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    No, my company doesn't participate in any plan with Nissan, only Ford and GM.

10. Nathan_F

Nathan_F Second Unit

Nathan
    The Daimler Chrysler plan (or Green Slip) is actually the invoice price, minus dealer holdback and advertising fees. Dealer holdback is 3% for DC (check Edmunds, each maker is different, some have no holdback), and the ad fees range from 1-2%. In my experience (3 vehicles bought on green slip), 5% under invoice has been the norm.

I have purchased 2 vehicles on the GM plan as well, but do not remember the particulars. I believe they have 2 different programs, Option 1 and Option 2.

I am also eligible for Ford, but haven't looked into their program.

11. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer