What's new

Buying a 7001sc, that was on display at the local authorized dealer (1 Viewer)

arunVB

Auditioning
I am planning to buy a pair of 7001sc for my front speakers. I am getting a new CLR 3000 for the center. I checked with my local authorized dealer. He said they stopped carrying the 7001sc (they carry the 7000sc and 7002) and but can one that was on display, that might be less than 6 months old, for around $1300 each (They used to sell the new ones for $1750 each). He says that they will be in good condition and not even played everyday.

Assuming there are no visible damages and it seems to work properly, is it a good idea to go this route or will I be better off getting the new ones ?

If it is OK to get the display models from the dealer, what and how should I check to make sure the speaker are functioning properly ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Arun

John S

Senior HTF Member
As long as the display is in good condition both functionality wise and comsmetics wise, I'd thik buying a demo unit on speakers actually could have some advantages. I mean they should be good and broke in already at least. Speakers in general seem to sound better to me with age in general. Some designs, it can really make a significant difference, others, probably most, there will be no difference to very little difference.

Of course, hehe try to get the best deal you possibly can on them as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks