What's new

BUYER BEWARE: Gamestop changes return policy (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Marvin, the only way I'd buy a used game that is only $2 less than new, is if it were in PERFECT condition with the box and instructions. The used games come with a 90 day warranty, and still have the 7 day return/exchange policy.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you don't like buying a rewrapped "plays like new" game in place of an unopened game, then don't buy games at places that have this practice. I don't really see the point in complaining about this practice if you're voluntarily buying games there.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
A) We've been told recently (At EB) that display boxes for console titles are coming soon.... but it could be awhile... and not every EB seems to ever be on the same page so I don't know when/if your local store will see it. I know that our store has been trying to use coming soon display boxes for newer releases whenever possible to cut down on the gutting (which not only creates the odd unhappy customer, but is also a huge time waster).

B) Kyle, I don't know how long you've been working with the new policy, but while it does make a dramtic reduction in the returns you have to process... it also creates some huge headaches with those who do try to return games. Especially with the PC software.

I could probably make a small fortune with a little side business installing games on to people's computers.

C)
I've personally never understood why anyone would buy a used game for $17.99 when you can buy it new for $19.99. Is two dollars really worth it?
And the wonderful part is, if not enough people are buying the used games, they'll make the difference even SMALLER! In Canada most of the used games are $5-$10 cheaper (usually $10, and $5 is pretty much the minimum). Awhile ago we were told that if the % of pre-owned vs new merchandise sold didn't get better, that they may be forced to decrease the differences to $2 or $3 to fall in line with the states.

Hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure that would do wonders. We sold LOTS of used copies of GTA3 when it was $3 cheaper :rolleyes:.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks