What's new

Buster Keaton: For Minnesota/Wisconsin Members (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
To those in large cities, this is no big deal, but for me, living in a smaller city (not that small! - 16,000), it is. Our local Sheldon Theater in Red Wing, MN, is showing two Buster Keaton silent films, Our Hospitality and Sherlock, Jr., accompanied by theater organ, on Saturday, June 22 at 7:30pm. Cost is $5.00 for adults.

I've heard the organist before and he is quite good. The Sheldon Theater (which I live three blocks from) was built around the turn of century as a performing arts theater, but was converted for movies in the 1930's. It was restored to its former glory in the 1980's at a cost of $3,000,000. It's a real gem, something that would be totally unexpected in a smaller town.

It's easy to find - it's one block off Highway 61, which is the main drag through town, on 3rd Street and East Avenue. Turn right at West Avenue (stoplight - one way), if you're coming from the north, one block to 3rd Street, left one block and you're there. Street parking is free; there's also a free ramp behind the Sheldon on 4th Street. From Wisconsin over the bridge, you're on 3rd Street already - keep going. From Highway 58, keep going until you hit 3rd Street (stoplight), then left.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
You guys are lucky...
Of course, my local art theater (the 19th Street Theater in Allentown) will be showing The General with live accompaniment during the first weekend of July. :)
I can't wait.
Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks