What's new

Burnout Revenge (Xbox, PS2) and Burnout Legends (PSP) (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Alright, two Burnout games on the same day! Woo!

First up is Burnout Revenge. It got an 8.9 over at IGN:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/649/649286p1.html

Anyone play the demo? Its fantastic, especially in widescreen 480p...

Burnout Legends is also coming out for the PSP, and Gamespot has given it the highest rating out of any PSP game to date (9.0):

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/burnout/review.html

Burnout Legends is like a psudo-sequel to Burnout 3, without all the upgrades of Revenge, and lots of the old tracks and cars from previous Burnout games in one package (including Pursuit Mode). Awesome.

So whos picking these up? Im getting both. :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
OH! I got PSP and PS2 versions already pre-ordered.
Can't wait, they are both compatible with each other.

I can finally hook my PSP to my PS2!

Kenneth Bova

Agent
I'm picking up Burnout Revenge for Xbox and possibly Legends. I have to find out if it auto updates the PSP firmware or not. Besides, I'm not sure if I could go back to avoiding same-way traffic again after having my way with it in Revenge...

Since Burnout 3 looked so amazing in widescreen 480p, I can't wait to see how this one looks. And thank goodness for custom soundtracks. Did anyone see that track list? :rolleyes

Ken

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Gosh wow, I picked up a PSP package with 3 games and 2 of them are racing.

Wow, now Burnout cool. Im waiting to see if a GTA game or Wrestling game will be out for PSP.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I guess you've lived under a rock for the past few months:)

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty Cities is due in October for the PSP.
It will have 80-100 hours of gameplay

go to www.pspmagazines.com to see the trailer

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Same here. If it does, I'll have to postpone my purchase (as painful as that decision will be). Burnout Revenge for $40 is mighty tempting, but I may have to put that on hold until the reviews for Ultimate Spider-Man come out.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
If Burnour Legends makes you upgrade, just use the NO UPDATES emulator toadd to your PSP, go to www.pspupdates.com and do a search for something called NO UPDATES.

This works for the Namco Museum.

I have a 1.5 and have it on my PSP and have been enjoying it ever since I've installed it!!

Kenneth Bova

Agent
Thanks for that, John. I was wondering if that file actually worked or not. Now I've got it ready to go.

I've fought the temptation to upgrade to 2.0 but... I do want that web browser and wallpaper feature though.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just bought Burnout for the PSP and started it up with my no updates.
RUNS GREAT!!!

can't really remember who makes it, but I think there is only one called NO UPDATES, there is another but is called something totally different.

FOR OTHERS:

Don't upgrade to1.52 or 2.0
, use the NO UPDATES, you can have your new PSP games and still play SNES, Gameboy, Nintendo and Sega games.(just started Chrono Trigger!!) You can also have a pseudo wallpaper feature, you can also find that on the pspupdates website.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Played the Burnout Revenge demo on the OXM disc last night - pretty cool. Phenomenal graphics. Definitely unique gameplay. ;)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Oh man, with the time I spent with Revenge and Legends...

Get. These. Two. Games. Now.

The sound in Revenge is amazing...AMAZING. They really bumped it up from the demo. The crash mode? Extremely complex, and really fun. Everything so far is a blast.

Legends is great also, and the graphics are nice. Really likin both games so far!!!

Kenneth Bova

Agent

I didn't play or particularly like the crash mode in Burnout 3, but I've been playing crash in this one almost non-stop online. It's extremely fun and addictive. Sometimes I forget there's a racing game here too...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

How so? Please, can you give some more details? I wasn't too motivated to get this because I felt the sound in the demo wasn't as good as in B3. Whenever I play B3, I put on my Bass Shakers and when using BOOST they really shake! The slow-mo crashes are unreal as well. This demo, that same effect wasn't there, lessening the immestion factor for me. Is the real game just as good or better than 3 in the sound department?

Thanks,
Geo

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Ill explain the sound more.

The demo was good, but not really amazing. The actual game has a huge boost in quality, ESPECIALLY the sub. When you crash, theres a huge BLAM in your sub, enough to scare the hell out of me when I first crashed. The whooshes sound great, and when you unleash the crashbreaker the sub goes deep and loud.

Crash mode is the same, but better- when you unleash a powerful crash breaker during crash mode, the sound must have increased by 50%- the resulting explosion is LOUD. Again, scared the crap out of my friends. One of them who never ever comments on the sound of the HT said "Wow, that sounds amazing! And I never comment on the sound!"

So there ya go. :D

Crash mode is incredibly complex- its a LOT like golf.

You have to get the takeoff exactly right by pressing A when the meter hits green, or you will stall your engine (or even explode!). Once you do, you go into traffic and crash. If you go off a ramp, your car will veer towards the direction of the wind- so you need to find the right balance of weight and speed when choosing a car.

Once you crash, your Crashbreaker meter builds with every car wreck. Once it reaches 100%, the meter starts to drop, and you need to press B as QUICKLY as possible to get it back to 100% before the 5 second timer. The closer to 100%, the larger the explosion. Once you explode, the meter builds and you might get to do it again.

There are absolutely no icons either- its really complex, and a hell of a lot of fun. When I played with my friends, we didnt even get to the multiplayer because we had so much fun handing off the controller. Man, its great.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I picked up Legends for the PSP it is a pretty fantastically fun racer that plays perfectly on the PSP. Now I can't wait for Madden !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks