What's new

Building my first home theater system. (1 Viewer)

DanBrunet

Auditioning
I just bought a 36" Tau and a panasonic rv31. My living room is about 11 x 14. What receiver and speaker combo should i look for. I am leaning towards the yamaha rv-x520 matched with energy "take 5.2" speaker system. Is this a good combo? My budget is about 1500-2000$ canadian. I will be using this system 70% home theater and 30% for music. This is my first system, I`m looking for a decent sounding system at a moderate price.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
You'll need to post much more information than that if you want meaningful responses. What's your budget, for instance? People here are using equipment from $500 to 5-digit numbers for receiver+speakers. Also, what kind of sound do you like, how loud do you play, etc. etc. Finally, you might try searching the archives for threads similar to this one, because there's a good chance that someone has been shopping with a budget similar to yours, so you should find useful information by going through old threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks