What's new

Buddy Hackett R.I.P (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Another one of the old gang has left us. I'll always remember him as one of the big Las Vegas comedians. So long Buddy. RIP.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
He was just on doing that Last Comic Standing and on I think Conan too. Seemed in great shape for his age. He will be missed

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Something I never had heard about was that after Curley Howard of The Three Stooges had a stroke, Buddy Hackett was asked to join up with "the boys" as folks used to call them. Of course he declined saying he wanted to go his own route. And the rest is history......

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I saw him at a Hollywood Collector's show in Chicago last year and he looked pretty frail at the time. Another great is gone. That's two this week, who's going to be the third - they always go in threes.

R.I.P

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The next might be Buddy Epsen. He was sick and just entered a hospital. I hope and pray I am wrong.

RIP Buddy.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Most little children will remeber Buddy as the voice of Scuttle on the Little Mermaid.

I'll remeber him from the Love bug and Its a mad mad mad mad world

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
All the great ones are leaving us this year. :frowning:

We're going to be left with actors with no personality. Buddy was a real character.

RIP

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I'll always remember him from The Love Bug, which I watched a lot as a kid. Rest in peace, Buddy. :frowning:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Something I never had heard about was that after Curley Howard of The Three Stooges had a stroke, Buddy Hackett was asked to join up with "the boys" as folks used to call them.

Yeah, he told that story in the commentary for The Love Bug. He said he didn't think he could do a good enough job at it, & stuck with his nightclub gig that paid a lot less.

People mostly think of him as a comedian, but he was in dozens of movies.

I also just saw him on The Last Comic Standing & he looked good. Wonder what happened.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Man this is a downer.

Interestingly enough, a review of The Love Bug DVD said that on the audio commentary he was "obsessed with death," pointing out all the people in the cast and crew who had died.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.