What's new

Broadband ISP options in Metro Detroit area? (1 Viewer)

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Well, after 15 days of the last month spent looking at a blinking yellow light on my cable modem, and well over ten hours spent on the phone waiting for tech support… I’ve finally decided to give up the ghost on Comcast’s @Home service.

My access has always been spotty at best, but in the last couple of months (since their financial troubles were announced) it has been about as reliable as a third hand Yugo.

Problem is, my family’s become very spoiled by the quick download times. Does anybody in the Motor City area – more specifically, Royal Oak – care to offer any options. Be it competing cable providers, DSL’s, or whatnot.

As you can probably tell, reliability would be a major requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I live in Canton, MI and have had Comcast (formerly Mediaone) for over two years. The service has been very good but for the occassional down time. Are you sure that your modem is working fine? Are you sure you have the latest equipment upgrades from Comcast? That your cable line is ok? That your IP address is correct, etc? I can't imagine why you'd have that kind of trouble unless they are servicing the Royal Oak area a lot.

If Im not mistaken, your only other option would be to go with a DSL provider... there are lots to choose from but they can't compete with a good cable modem connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks