What's new

Brisco County Jr Cover Voting (1 Viewer)

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Any word on commentary tracks and/or extras on this? By the way I'm with the gun folks although I personally would have liked to see bruce against the other background. The grin on his face (the close shot)better captures the fun nature of the show.

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator
I voted for the cover with the gun. I wonder, if this cover voting is a method to test and see how eager the fans are for this show.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Without the gun, definitely. I didn't even make note of 'how good' Bruce looked, but it just had an interesting mix of 'old western' vibe with that goofy Bruce, instead of a John Wayne-ish type. Perfect!

On a random note, I'm actually looking forward more to his other series, the 'Jack of something' one that aired alongside Cleopatra 2525. I didn't watch either when they aired back in 'the day,' but Looooved Cleopatra on DVD. I think it was greatly underappreciated in its time.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Yes and no....the point is to help pick the cover for the DVD, but it's also interesting to see the response that the voting gets.

Gord

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
For me, there was no contest..."with gun" all the way.

I cannot wait for this set to hit the shelves. Another of my big, all-time holy grails will finally be MINE.

:D

That would be "Jack Of All Trades"...a totally silly and fun show which was a major hoot to watch. Filled with lots of witty "battle of the sexes" banter and lots of double entendres. Definitely on my wish list. :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
With gun, it is more appealing to my senses. I'm looking forward to this and hope for Jack of All Trades too.

If I remember correctly, even though the show was an hour, there was a sort of break in the middle. Will this still be present?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
:emoji_thumbsup: to the "with gun" picture.

I am so eager to purchase this set. I have been wanting this almost since the first television releases.

Where was Dixie? :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I'd almost forgot about the "Chapter 1"/"Chapter 2" structure. I imagine that the chapter titles will be retained.

And I'm going "with gun". I've got the "without" as a poster ("Smile. You're about to meet your new hero"), and don't think it really represents the show. Not that this show can be easily represented, it's so wonderfully all over the place.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Speaking as a graphics designer, I think they both stink. The "less busy" one looks like it was designed in about five minutes with the now-standard "big head." The higher-ups, knowing that this is a "niche" title, probably don't care too much about the packaging and will let pretty much anything fly.

Personally, I thought the picture used on the OOP Columbia House VHS release was better than either of these, and it didn't even show Campbell's face, if I recall.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Five minutes is about what it took me to come up with a few cover ideas...and I'm not a graphic designer. A quick Google and a couple "borrowed" images resulted in: these.

I also included a scan from an old TV Guide. It would make a perfect cover, if the elements are available in color. It has that old-style movie poster artwork, rather than a photograph.

Hey Gord, I've got an idea: Why not suggest, to the studios that hold these "pick the cover" contests, they allow the fans to submit ideas for consideration? Maybe they could offer some samples of "key" art to download for use. I think it would be a lot of fun -- and might even result in a better cover than one they had planned to use.

EDIT: fixed link for combined images

Mary_P

Second Unit
One thing I wonder is why they didn't find a way to work in the Indiana-Jones-ish typography that was used in the show's opening credits. I think that, or something similar to it, was used on the Columbia House covers.

Re: the idea to let the fans submit ideas -- boy, do I wish we'd had that opportunity on some things! There are a lot of "Serenity" fan-made DVD covers that are so much nicer than what Universal gave us on the official release....

Real Name
John S. Troutman
I voted for the gun. The big cheezy face one just looked more unprofessional to me for some reason.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'd have to go with Cover three - the B&W really works there (tho I might go more Sepia than straight black and white).

On the other hand, I'm not going to be watching the cover - so who cares what it looks like. Even better, who cares if sales are in the toilet! One release is all I need, baby.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I DO!!

I spent 2 years trying to convince Warner Bros that this will sell, and if it doesn't then my opinion on what to release will be worth nothing. My neck is on the line. Luckily it's Bruce Campbell, and Brisco, and there will be some decent extras, so it should sell well :D

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks