What's new

Breaking Bad Season 3 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Love this show. Saul is great.

Entertaining as it was, I had a little bit of an issue with Jesse buying the house, mainly because I don't think he's smart enough to have come up with that plan to lowball them. I know you could argue that it was all Saul's doing - but I'm not sure if that holds any water.

So Pollo called off the hit just because Walt has a baby?

Good to see the bell ringer again. So I don't remember, how did the bell ringer know Walt's full name?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

Good to see the bell ringer again. So I don't remember, how did the bell ringer know Walt's full name?
I'm not 100% sure that he should. I'm almost positive that Tuco knew Walt's real name and Jesse must have called him Mr. White in front of the old guy too.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Do we know for sure that the hit was being sent by the guy from Pollos?

It's fully possible I missed something, but my thought was that it was from a rival cartel, and when they saw the phone they decided to go higher up the chain.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Do we know for sure that the hit was being sent by the guy from Pollos?

It's fully possible I missed something, but my thought was that it was from a rival cartel, and when they saw the phone they decided to go higher up the chain.
I think it's a rival cartel too. Gus wouldn't have someone setting up surveillance on Walt when he was sending other guys to kill him.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

I think it's a rival cartel too. Gus wouldn't have someone setting up surveillance on Walt when he was sending other guys to kill him.
But remember the surveillance guy was actually there watching Skyler for Saul (or at least that's what we were lead to believe at first). And he clearly wasn't expecting Walt to be there.

So are you saying the "Pollos" we saw on the phone could be someone other than Gus?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I just assumed that Walt hadn't deleted the text message and that it was his phone they saw it on.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

So are you saying the "Pollos" we saw on the phone could be someone other than Gus?
No, I'm saying that they were there to kill Walt on their own (they did their own investigation to find him) or at the behest of their cartel. They got the call from Gus and they left because when Gus calls, you go. They already know where Walt lives so it won't be that hard to track him down again.

And there isn't much background on the guy but I find it hard to believe that Gus is the type of person that cares if Walt has a new baby.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought it was one of the weaker episodes of the series. It was good to see how the guy from last season ended up on the turtle. What did he write on the turtle? Hola something?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Walt making the moves on the lady principal made me laugh, especially her reaction to his advances.

While Walt is trying to stay on the staight and narrow, events keep pulling him back into meth cooking business.

How close will Hank get to finding Heisenberg after all?

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Not a stellar episode. Just did not seem like much happened. Walt is sure good a being an a-hole. It bugs me how he craps all over Jessie. Then Hank acts like an a-hole as well to his partner. Some sort of parallel I guess. It had its moments, but I just felt that not a whole lot was accomplished in that episode.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ah but pollo chicken dude orchestrated pulling Walt back in. I think that is the only reason to make a deal with Jesse. And having the runner give him half of the cash was brilliant.

So this ep was a set-up ep to what's to come.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Right, I call these transition episodes. They set up motives and reasoning of changes or new things in future eps and move the arcs in a different dirrection as well as introducing new characters

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I loved the episode. It was loaded with all the reasons why I love this show. With this show, it's all about the small details. Between Jesse pushing the blue meth on the cashier (as we wonder where it came from - and he didn't even try to conceal it with the state trooper walking in). And Walt trying to throw that huge plant through the window. And Jesse driving off with Walt's work box on the roof. And every scene with Saul. And I'm really enjoying the Jonathan Banks character.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Walt's life is getting even more complicated, making Jessie an adversary was a gamble. El Pollo was close to losing his cool with Walt's hesistancy after giving him the keys to the kingdom, quietly fun scene. Skylar. Skylar, Skylar, that's all I have to say about her predicament. Those "hangover-like" photos were hilarious, too bad they give the brother-in-law a lead, but his RV-Reconnaisance skills need work.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah Walt needs to be careful with Jesse. Makes you wonder if maybe Jesse won't be around much longer? If Hank catches up to him, how hard would it be to get him to offer up "Heisenberg" for leniency?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Tonights episode had me sweating bullets! I cannot believe how well written & how well acted this show is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks