What's new

Breaking Bad Season 3 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah I assumed Gus was talking about Jesse, but Skyler is an interesting thought.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Skyler being involved in the "business".

Hard to imagine Jesse surviving these next two episodes, but we'll see. I'd imagine the show would take a huge hit without him, and I'm sure the producers know that.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Hmm could be Skyler but I bet Gus knew that Walt wasn't divorced even before Walt did. Not as easy for him to walk away from her in that case and maybe wouldn't count as a first mistake?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Funny...I was just getting on here to post pretty much the same thing.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR

I think this show is arguably the best thing on TV now.

No argument from me! I'd venture to say it's approaching 'The Wire' territory for me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH
I'd venture to say it's approaching 'The Wire' territory for me.

And like The Wire, this show seems woefully underwatched. I can understand that a number of elements of The Wire would drive people away but Breaking Bad seems like a show that should easily grab the audience that The Shield or The Sopranos had.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

And like The Wire, this show seems woefully underwatched. I can understand that a number of elements of The Wire would drive people away but Breaking Bad seems like a show that should easily grab the audience that The Shield or The Sopranos had.

I would agree, but I also think the premise of the show is a hard sell to someone like my 60+ year old father-in-law, who did watch The Sopranos.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
OMG! The last episode of BreakingBad was frakking UN-BEE-LEEV-A-BULL!

Words fail....

Bryan Cranston was amazing. He had a lot of reaction shots this episode. And boy his last reaction was a doozy.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I cant think of enough expletives to convey just how amazing this episode was! My wife and I are just stunned at how good it is. Was there even one scene that was sub-par? I mean, EVERYTHING about that episode was gold! The tension, the bits of humour, the fact that they can have a scene that is effectively silent and still gripping. The ending! Holy Crap! Where does the show go from here? My assumption is that Walt feels somewhat untouchable and is willing to take the hit for Jesse. I don't quite get why Walt is so loyal to Jesse at this point...but still...WOW!

Oh...and Hank is a pussy. No 2 ways about it. I was hurt just about as bad in my accident last year. I had a hospital bed in my house when I got home. I had to use a wheelchair. I didn't act like a suck the way he is. I was thrilled to come home (albeit rather scared). He went waaay down in my book (the character...not the actor).

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think the main reason Walt is so loyal to Jessie is the guilt he feels at letting Jane die. When he did it he thought he was just finding a way out of a problem only to realize later how wrecked Jessie was over it.

I also think that Walt realized Jessie's point about using the kids and the unseemly side of the trade. The contrast between the sterile lab and the gritty street is remarkable. He's starting to come out of the lab. The funny thing is, as much as he has distaste for that side of the business, it looks like he has to go there if he wants to reform it. However, once he goes there I don't think you can come back.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by MarkMel

I think the main reason Walt is so loyal to Jessie is the guilt he feels at letting Jane die. When he did it he thought he was just finding a way out of a problem only to realize later how wrecked Jessie was over it.

I also think that Walt realized Jessie's point about using the kids and the unseemly side of the trade. The contrast between the sterile lab and the gritty street is remarkable. He's starting to come out of the lab. The funny thing is, as much as he has distaste for that side of the business, it looks like he has to go there if he wants to reform it. However, once he goes there I don't think you can come back.

All valid points, and I think you also have to consider the fact that Walt has to keep Jesse out of jail, just to keep him from talking.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think that Walt genuinely likes Jesse and doesn't want to see him dead but most importantly, Walt knows that Jesse wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for him. Not that Jesse is an innocent victim but if not for Walt, Jesse would be a street level dealer and not in a position to be angering kingpins.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

I think that Walt genuinely likes Jesse and doesn't want to see him dead

You might be right, but I'm not 100% convinced. Part of me thinks Walt really does detests Jesse and just feels sorry for him. I think your second point about guilt is more valid.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow, what an ending to possibly one of the best overall seasons of television I've ever seen.

The ending really caught me off-guard because my DVR recording showed one hour and 47 minutes so I thought that's how long the finale would be, but the last 47 minutes was a sneak preview of that new show.

So when does season 4 start?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The decision to move the conflict from the Cousins to Walt and Gus was an inspired one. My God the tension in the last couple of episodes has been unbearable. Any time Walt and Gus had a scene together as they continually measure each other up - even if its just looking at one another with no dialogue - are moments of acting and story telling beauty.

Keep waiting for Gus's calm, phlegmatic exterior to crack. That will be a helluva scene to see.

Mike is one bad dude.

Awesome finish to an intense season. What a great cast.

Good post S3 interview with creator Vince Gilligan - http://tinyurl.com/28lfh5x . Interesting to note that he purposefully approached the season with no set season arc in place. It sure worked out pretty good for him this season.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Awesome, awesome, awesome!

The final scenes with Hank calling Jessie, telling him what he needs to do - Jessie hesitating for a moment and booking out of where ever he was, to the final scene where he has to shoot Gale.

I didn't think that Walt knew his time was up, should've known better, he knew all along.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Could Walt aka Heisenberg end up taking over Gus's empire next season? That would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks