What's new

Bought a new LCD TV last night... Broken (1 Viewer)

TreyP

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah so Best Buy has this really good deal on a 47inch 1080p LCD set for $999. I get to the store, and I get the last set they have in stock. Of course, my genius doesn't even think about if it will fit in my car or not before all of this. So I call my buddy up who meets me at the store with his truck and we bring it home. Its two hours before the game, so I'm kind of excited about hooking this thing up. I get it all plugged in and everything and... there's no frikkin video. I can hear audio, but there is relatively no picture at all. Every once in a while I can see a very faint hints of stuff moving around. Almost like very dark silhouettes. I can see that there might be something going on there, but not enough to really make anything out of it. The screen is still black. I called Insignia's support line, who directed me to Best Buy's Geek Squad. They told me the could send someone out to my home to repair it on Thursday, Sept 25, and then he might have to order parts for it. Screw that. I most likely will just take it back for refund. I emailed Best Buy asking if they would be willing to ship a new one to my house for an exchange. Its probably doubtful they will, but I guess its worth a try

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased a 61" Samsung from Best Buy a few months ago. When I got it home to set it up it kept shutting down. I think it was a bad LED light engine. I called the store I bought it from and spoke with the Manager. I said that I just purchased it and was not going to drive back out to exchange it, especially since we needed to rent a truck to get it, and he send a new TV to my house and got the old one within a few days. I would call them immediately and tell them they need to exchange it for you.

homevideo45

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amily Green
Yes in that case you should call them immediately and if necessary exchange it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks