What's new

Boston Acustics VRM-50. (1 Viewer)

Boston Acustics VRM-50.

I am in process of building my first HT. I want to spend less than $1500 for the speakers and must be small in size.

Hence, I started out listening to sats(paradigm and DT cinemas), but they just dont float my boat.

So today I started looking at small bookshelfs. Due to Christmas shopping I only had time for one stop where I listened to the Boston Acustics VRM-50 speakers. They dont get much PR, but I was really impressed.

A little pricey @ $610/pr(for my budget), but they are really small, and sounded much better than the sats I listened to.

Anyways, I plan at looking at other small bookshelfs, but thought I would get other opinions of the Boston Acustics VRM-50.

Thanks, Link

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
James,

The Boston VRM-50's are AWESOME speakers. The VRM-60's sound even better. When I upgraded my speakers in 2001, I went with Paradigm's Studio Line...40's in the front and 20's in the rear. NOT because I thought Paradigm sounded BETTER, but because I thought they were EQUAL in every respect and seeing I could travel to Canada and get the Dimes at a significant discount, I went that way. The Boston's came in a close second. If the option of getting the Paradigms cheaper up north wasn't there, I probably would have gone with the Boston's. Very full sound, great asthetics, awesome sounding on female vocals. I was very impressed. You have no worries with that line.

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
The Boston VR-M50's are great speakers. I have a pair of the VR-M60's that sound amazing to me. I have had them about a year and have no regrets in buying them. They are so much better musically than my last speakers- Polk RT800's- I have rediscovered CD's in my collection that I haven't listened to in years. The Polks were fine as HT speakers and not bad with music but the Boston's are a whole new level. They are a little lite in the bass department but that is to be expected for the size. I bought an SVS-2039PC about a month ago and it blends very well and adds that "punch" that I was missing. I am powering these with a Yamaha DSP-A1. If you are looking for a high quality speaker that does HT and music well I believe you can't go wrong with either the 50's or 60's.

By the way, I'm a newbee at this, have read a lot, much of here, and have seen a lot of Bose bashing.

Well they had a set of Bose lifestyle's in the same room as the VRM-50's. I asked the guy to switch to the Bose. What a joke! I actually started laughing. Now I know why all the Bose bashing!

Link

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks