Borg on Enterprise

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Berggren, Mar 15, 2003.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Berman has no respect whatsoever. They must be pretty desperate for ratings:
    From Cinescape

2. Drue Elrick

Drue Elrick Stunt Coordinator

Dear god no. That is just so wrong. So very, very wrong.

3. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Why are they operating under the assumption that people still like the Borg? Most complain that Voyager ruined them.

Next: Q!

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Voyager didn't really ruin them, it over exposed them. The borg, like Q, are best served in Doses or else they loose their mistique.

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

It's about time! I figured this subject would come up again.

The only sad part is that in order to fix everything, Archer and his ship will be another victim of the terporal wars.

Glenn

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

No hope for the creatively bankrupt loons in charge of this franchise. When one's imagination has run dry it is time to move on. I'm set to give up on this series. Really. It's such a chore to sit through episodes as it is.

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I think this show could be really good. But first, they have to bring in a new regime change. Bring in Leanord Nimoy, or Stewart and Spiner. Have them end the Temproal Cold War in Season three, so anything involving TNG aliens like Ferengi, Romulans, or the Borg are erased from the shows history, and continue from there.....

Perfect reason to bring in those Voyager Time cops from the 30th(?) Century, that go around fixing damage to the time line.

8. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

No, it's early May sweeps. And, for what it's worth, Sussman & Strong have the only writing credits (as reported by www.trektoday.com), so it may not be sucked into the Berman/Braga vortex of... well, sucking.

And, actually, that plot has some merit. It's easily contained, and as long as the word Borg isn't used, it doesn't unduly affect the hardcore Trekkers' precious continuity. (It's the word first that bothers me - you can do this once, but that's about it)

10. DavidAC

DavidAC Stunt Coordinator

Well I did like the 1st Season of Enterprise, it was somewhat fresh but I have to say the 2nd season has been lacking. I hope they don't try and rehash elements from TNG DS9 and and Voyager throughout the rest of the series, having contact with the Ferengi is ok I dont mind that much but the Borg, that really has no place on Enterprise. I was really hoping to see more conflict with the romulans or the Klingons but not much happening there.

11. andrew markworthy

12. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

13. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

That's very weak. I pretty much gave up on the ST franchise about midway through DS:9's run. Rather than create interesting races that contribute to establish a unique world belonging to each series (Ferengi, Dominion, Cardassians, Q, Borg, etc) they seem to have fallen back to just overexposing and re-hashing things now. Time to pull the plug.

14. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer

15. andrew markworthy

16. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

Sigh... I dropped the Season Pass for Enterprise from Tivo a few weeks ago and suspect that I'm one of the many who've dropped this show.

When I first heard the premise I thought they could do something interesting with it. Surely there were great stories that could have been told about the foundation of the federation. But no. Not when you have producers that can't steer the ship to save their lives.

Sad. Truly Sad. Oh well, at least I have all of TOS and TNG on DVD. Whenever I need a trek fix I can revisit the time when they *had* a clue.

-greg

17. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

For people who care about Continuity, and I'm one of them, maby the folks in the Star Wars universe should take charge.

They have an interesting article in the latest Insider on how they actually took the time and had the gumption to fix about 25 years of Novel Continuity errors. So that everything ever published about SW has an in-universe answer.

Maby B and B should take a look at it [​IMG]. It's not a question about not having a life out side of Star Trek. It's a question of lazieness. When even a CASUAL viewer can spot a continuity error that the guys in CHAARGE missed, then you know they don't care as much as they used to about the franchise. And all of these re-hashes show that they are starting to get burned out, wich is understandable. Anyone would after 600 hours of TV.

18. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    andrew markworthy wrote (post #15):

19. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

You can write a compelling program, and have interesting topics without going against continuity. Good scifi does this. Casual viewers can watch and enjoy a program like Stargate SG-1, but regular viewers can appreciate the very detailed continuity that transpires through the seven seasons. Just making a good one off program does not absolve creators of continuity. If that were the case, they could have an episode of Will and Grace where Will was straight, or an episode of Six Feet Under where Nathaniel Fisher is alive and well.

20. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    Hey...I could care less about continuity, and I like the Borg as much as the next guy...WHEN THEY'RE WRITTEN WELL! When they're brought out as a desperation ratings move on a show that's pretty poorly written to begin with I think it's time to re-evaluate the "creative" personnel running the Trek franchise.

The fact that this temporary band-aid for one (or two) nights of an artificial sweeps ratings boost is only going to alienate hardcore Trekkers and muddy the continuity further is just icing on the cake.

No, I'm sorry...the fact that this sounds like a "Thing" ripoff on top of dragging out the Borg for ratings is icing on the cake.

Shut this tapped out staff down and start from scratch.