What's new

Borg on Enterprise (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

Well, at least since "I Borg."

I have looked into the dispassionate face of mine implaccable, unstoppable enemy, and his name is ... Hugh.

Mark All

Second Unit
I would guess Paramount has tons of Borg outfits and props laying around. Maybe somebody doesn't like to see the property laying around unused. :)

I watch the series only occasionally now. The acting and effects seem to be equal to or above the levels set by the other series, but whenever I've watched an episode I can't help but think I've seen the story line done at least once before in another series.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Are the objections about poor acting? No
Are the objections about scripts that are poor in themselves? No
Are the objections about contravening 'laws' only believed (and indeed invented) by a minority of viewers? Yes
Well, I guess you're not seeing the whole picture. I seldom see Voyager criticized for screwing around with continuity; it's almost all complaints about poor writing. And I can't speak for others, but I've been all for not worrying too badly about continuity where Enterprise is concerned - it's been the thorough mediocrity of the scripts that I've objected too.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I seldom see Voyager criticized for screwing around with continuity; it's almost all complaints about poor writing.
That's probably because... there is no continuity! All continuity went out the window about the time of Basics, Part II. After that, the writing team got really used to hitting the big ol' reset button after every episode.

Actions have consequences. Drama is bereft of emotions if there are no consequences for the characters' actions. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two instances after the end of Voyager's second season where a consequence was carried out: 1) when Tom Paris did something dumbass and was demoted and 2) when Captain Janeway allowed her future self to be sacrificed in the last episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks