Bombshell (2019)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Bombshell

Genre: Drama

Director: Jay Roach

Cast: Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Margot Robbie, John Lithgow, Allison Janney, Kate McKinnon, Malcolm McDowell, Mark Duplass, Alice Eve, Alanna Ubach, Nazanin Boniadi, Elisabeth Röhm, Madeline Zima, Ashley Greene, Rob Delaney, Brooke Smith, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Spencer Garrett, Andy Buckley, Liv Hewson, Ahna O'Reilly, P. J. Byrne, Ben Lawson, Anne Ramsay, Josh Lawson, Bonnie Dennison, Bree Condon, London Fuller, Michael Buie, Jenelle McKee, Rachael Drummond, Savannah Judy, Victoria Profeta, Karina Junker, Anita Kalathara, Luke Judy, Jonathan Bray, Sedona Fuller, Scott C. Roe, Doc Farrow, Andrew Constantini, Matthew Gold, Laura Linda Bradley, Christian Roberts, Trevor Guttmann, Troy Dillinger, Wayne Cole, Cambell Dodson, Logan Wildey, Gina Tleel, Rickie Peete

Release: 2019-12-20

Plot: The film will focus on the women of Fox News Channel who worked there during the tenure of Roger Ailes, the chairman and network architect who resigned in 2016 amid a sexual and workplace harassment scandal.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And if you haven't, watch the series first. The Loudest Voice with Russell Crowe.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
While much of the world spent yesterday seeing Star Wars, I used my first A-List of the week to see this dramatic rendering of the FOX News sexual harassment scandal.

Even though I am a conservative who likes FOX, I liked this movie despite its liberal leanings. Theron is excellent as Megyn Kelly and Margot Robbie is as well as her naïve underling. It is also well-paced and edited, and funny even as it tackles a tough subject, the film is entertaining start to finish.

B

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
LOVED it! Excellent cast. I thought it would be more focused on Megyn Kelley but it was incredibly enjoyable. Recommended.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Finally saw this (on blu-ray) and I am glad I did.

I can't really say more without violating the site's policy on politics. So, I'll leave it at this: Deft direction by Jay Roach (Austin Powers) keeps the film moving at a very brisk pace, and pointed dialogue by writer Charles Randolph (The Big Short) makes us question the choices that women like Kelly made. Theron, Kidman, Robbie and Lithgow are all terrific.

The rest I'll save for Facebook.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks